AV8B Harrier II - VMA-311 - Trumpeter 1/32nd

Well the epic build is over - this took forever ( 6 months ), with a 3 month break while I had to source a replacement canopy. Built using the Kit decals (which weren't great being honest), Aires Cockpit which is nice and fits, Eduard External etch set which has some great bits and some pointless bits, Orion vinyl MDC cord which is great if very fiddly and finally HGW Fabric Remove Before Flight tags which are nice.

It's a nice kit, but is very fiddly in parts and a bit of a pain to assemble. It's a nice size for a 1/32nd Jet though, not too big.

Painted with Gunze Aqueous throughout, weathered with oils and true-earth and pigments.

build thread is available here

AV8BHarrier01_zps2606462a.jpg

AV8BHarrier02_zpsb247aa60.jpg

AV8BHarrier03_zps86205c98.jpg

AV8BHarrier04_zps9b7c8ad1.jpg

AV8BHarrier05_zps72afe495.jpg

AV8BHarrier06_zps34c11fd9.jpg

AV8BHarrier07_zps254dd000.jpg

AV8BHarrier08_zps2807410f.jpg

AV8BHarrier09_zps110d3949.jpg

Comments welcomed as always

Peter

• Like 6

Very nice build which I followed in the in progress thread . how the Harrier emerged out of all that clutter is another amazement to me :whistle:

Edited by Menden

wow thats nice. just how big is it compared to a, say, 1/48 lightning, (or coulfd you measure it?) i dont do 1/32 because of the size but if its not too big i may be tempted 'cos that looks soooo good.

wow thats nice. just how big is it compared to a, say, 1/48 lightning, (or coulfd you measure it?) i dont do 1/32 because of the size but if its not too big i may be tempted 'cos that looks soooo good.

For a size comparison it's about 10% bigger in dimensions than a Hasegawa F-4 Phantom ( not got a Lightning handy ). It's definitely a good size for a 1/32nd Jet, and smaller than the 1/32nd Crusader I built a while ago.

HTH

Peter

• 3 weeks later...