Focke-Wulf Fw 190A-8 1/72 AIRFIX

Hey folks,

this is the Airfix kit built with few modifications (shortened legs, replaced scissor links, wheels, cannon barrels, added spent ammo chutes and ammo boxes, FuG16/25 antennas, etc.); a build report should appear soon in Model Airplane Int.

Cheers

Libor

Fw190A8_01_zps975ca631.jpg

Fw190A8_02_zps650b2fcc.jpg

Fw190A8_03_zps688aba2d.jpg

• Like 7

Beautiful job as always, Libor. How did you handle the trailing edges of the wings? This seems to be the biggest issue that I've seen online. Doesn't look like it's detracted from your build at all.

Cheers,

Bill

Thanks for comments gents, appreciated!

Bill: I left it as it was, as any sanding would make a step to the wing/fuselagae transition. I haven't replaced that narrow windshield either, which us imho most visible shape mistake, especially when the kit sits next to Hasegawa or Revell kit.

uggywuggy: the spiner spiral is a decal item taken from Hasegawa dual combo kit.

Cheers

Libor

Great build and finish as normal Libor! I'm still not convinced that I want to get this kit as with the undercarriage length, rear wing edge thickness and now the windscreen issues, I still believe the Hasegawa kit is better when you can get it for less than rrp (which isn't too hard).

Cheers

Michael

As usual just a absolutely superp model from you Libor.

Regarding the landing gear i have made a measurment i read 24 mm from underwing surfaca, it is an exact match to the scale drawing inJapo, Fw 190F,G.

It is a bit tricky to measure as there are also tthe angel to take into account, undercarrage has to be correct instaled.

Her is my model next one of my Hasegawa ones.

My ref for paint job, Jagdgeschwader 300, vol. 2. p. 245.
DSCN0612.jpg
DSCN0611.jpg
Here you see it next to a Hasegawa
DSCN0610.jpg
Cheers
Jes

Thanks everyone for comments! As for the legs length, first I wanted to replace only the scissor links which looked a bit outspread to me, but at the end of the day I little shortened also the damper part of the leg. On comparison with other kits I built the Revell kit sits even lower, looks like the legs are done in maximum loaded position, while the sit of Hasegawa kit is practically the same. Important thing of course is keeping the right leg's forward rake which imho Airfix did not get fully right either.