B-26 "Barracuda"

Stryker

Very nicely done. Looks like it could be a tail sitter, I'm guessing there is lots of lead tucked away in there?

Duncan B

Very much a tail sitter Duncan. Actually way more lead than I expected it to take and unfortunately this kit doesn't allow much room to hide it. Had to smash and glue a couple pieces into the front wheel bay in the end.

Great job, how did you wheather the decals? Just chip away at them or did you paint over them.

Jw

They are very carefully chipped away at JW. They are all settled down with solvaset, dried well, coated over with future and dried well again. I then carefully chip away at the decal until reaching the desired look, spray lightly with a white oxide by Lifecolor or you can water down some flat white but must be very thin. I then brush coat a dullcote laquer just over the decals and that's it, distressed decals.

Lovely looking aeroplane, shame there aren't many left. Is that the Airfix kit?. Nice NMF finish.

Not Airfix but Hasegawa. Airfix was considered to be the best B-26 kit at one time, but it is definitely this Hasegawa kit .

Thanks for all the feedback folks.

• Like 1

Nicley done.

As for weight in the nose, i packed the radio operators compartment with lead and it was a hair trigger on the tail sitter.

How is the landing gear holding up? I'm going to try and put lead at the side of the nose gear bay, under the front of the cockpit floor, behind the instrument panel, in the center console and maybe some in the nose wheel tyre before I go to the radio compartment to reduce the overall amount of lead I have to add.

How is the landing gear holding up? I'm going to try and put lead at the side of the nose gear bay, under the front of the cockpit floor, behind the instrument panel, in the center console and maybe some in the nose wheel tyre before I go to the radio compartment to reduce the overall amount of lead I have to add.

It seems fine, it managed to survive an earthquake with no serious damage. To give you an idea of how hair trigger it was, the gun in the nose cone and the aerial just behind the cockpit snapped off during previously mentioned earthquake, and now it wont sit on its nose gear.