1/48 - Grumman F-9F8(P) & TF-9J (Two) Cougar by Kitty Hawk - released - Furball decals

Homebee

Mister Song is back!

Source: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/forum/25-modern/

After the future F2H-3 Banshee (http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234946848-148th-mcdonnell-f2h-3-4-banshee-by-kittyhawk-in-2014/), KittyHawk is obviously working on a 1/48th Grumman F9F Cougar family. :analintruder:

Herebelow a F9F-8T test mule.

FT-9J_zps7f5c9d51.jpg

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

I spotted this on Cybermodeler (and now here!). How bizarre to do a Twogar first rather than a single seater? The underscale Revell F9F-8 and the (very rare and expensive) Collect-Aire and FM kits are all that are available - for what was a very important fighter.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I hope K-Hawk got their things together once and for all now with this kit. So far they have impressed next to nothing in terms of quality, severe illfitting parts and research in relation to what they are charching broke modellers.. The Jas 39 and Foxbat are sad examples with pricetags where one has the true right to demand a better fit of the parts. So far they've failed to do the homework. Cudos to them though that they actually take their time to reply back when e-mailed.

I will be doing a both of those

NICE

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Future dedicated Furball Aero Design & D&S decals for the soon KittyHawk's Cougar kits.

Of interest the decals for F9F-8P as it's the first time I see the recce Cougar mentioned.

Untitled-2.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

Well, I think this is going to be a decent kit. There is something off at the base of the windscreen in the model photos but that could be down to a construction issue. The bottom of the windshield should narrow as shown in the head-on drawing but that should be simple enough to remedy assuming the glazing is as thick as usual.

If that's the worst of it I'm happy.

Need to have plastic in hand before any judgement-It is only fair!. I am finishing up the Voodoo. It had its problems but it manged itself out in the end. Not a kit for beginners though.

The Cougar may fit better due to its size but we will see! The subject matter KH is tackling is very inspiring ...nice to see some early jets and not another WWII airframe or F-16?!?!

Steve

• Like 1