Whats your Phhhhwaaaaar bike?

D1fuN0

I'm lucky and have most of my dream bikes in my garage:

228151_6732233122_8908_n.jpg

230141_6732238122_9754_n.jpg

There's he Tamiya 888 which I may be able to convert - but nothing for the FZR1000 (I did look at possible conversion of the OW01 - but that wouls almost constitute a scratch build).

485462_10151475831753123_542426322_n.jpg

945331_10151475832873123_2028682664_n.jp

581872_10151475834113123_657721066_n.jpg

No kits of the VF1000s as far as I'm aware?

And excuse her current state of 'undress' - exhausts being cleaned/sprayed and prepping fairing side panels for re-spray:

934148_10151475832188123_1078881286_n.jp

No kits of roadgoing RG500s as far as I know?

But I'd really like to add a Guzzy cafe racer jobby to the fleet one day :) :

Ben_Part_Guzzi_01.jpg

And maybe a Desmosedici:

ducati-desmosedici-rr-front.jpg

And an RC30, Bimota SB6, GSXR750 Slabside and....

A boy can dream!

Iain

Rode a Norton 600 Dominator in the sixties and wanted a cafe racer. Life got in the way, cars replaced bikes and it was not till the nineties that I got my hands on a 650SS non-runner at a price I could afford and built my dream bike! Unfortunately I made the decision to sell it two years ago due to my advancing years and have regretted it ever since.

DSCF3596_zps882c976b.jpg

Hi Guys n Gals,

I ride bikes everyday of my life. I started with a Honda SS50, back in 1978, as a sixteen year old and at 17 progressed to a lovely little Kawasaki KE175. This I replaced in 1982, with a new Yamaha XT250. From then on things started to get bigger including BMW F650's, R1100's, R1200GS's and then in 2005 I down sized to a new Yamaha XT250 Serow. I avaerage around 25,000 miles per year on my trusty little trail bikes. I've even had a BMW C1 scooter with a roof, which was as mad as a box of frogs but bloody good fun.

I used to work in the motorcycle trade and becasue of my experience I always got to 'break in' the latest bikes ready for customer or demonstation use, so I've ridden many different types and makes of bikes. I'm not into the sports bikes, as a combination of being short in stature and with short legs, doesn't really suit them.

There are two bikes that I absolutely loved to ride but I was never in a position to buy.

The first was the Suzuki B-King, which is a naked bike, with a de-tuned Hayabusa engine. This machine may look pretty big but was perefectly balanced, went like stink and never failed to leave me with a grin.

The second was the MV Agusta 1078 Brutale. This machine may have had it's faults but was like having a highly strung Italian mistress on the go! I absolutely loved it and each ride was like a drug to the system.

There is one bike however that I've never had a chance to ride but really appeals to my most odd taste in machines and if I ever won the lottery, would be the very first thing that I bought, which is a Peraves Monotracer! A what I hear you ask, well take a look at;

http://perave.wordpress.com

This thing looks like it's come straight out of the old TV series UFO (OK that also dates me somewhat).

Regards

Reggie

Kawasaki ZZR1400, fell in love with it after first seeing it on 'Rogue Traders'. Now I have one.

Norton 850 Commando.

Yamaha R1 - 2002 silver/black.

Early Ducati 916.

MV Augusta F4.

Yamaha FJ1200 - 1988 midnight blue.

I could keep going, I'd have a warehouse full of bikes if I had the money.

I could keep going, I'd have a warehouse full of bikes if I had the money.

Aye, with you on that one Jockster, too many lovely bikes out there to choose from.

If pushed I'd go for a Ducati 888 SP5. Mate used to own an SP4 and it was an amazing machine to ride up a twisty country road. Get into the hills and open her up :heart:

The 916 took a while to grow on me but dare say it's up high on the list along with that 900SS MAD STEVE posted. The expensive designer clothes shop next door to work suddenly had a yellow Ducati Darmah cafe-racer in the window yesterday and now I'm in love with bikes again. This is a problem as I'd sworn off bikes when Iona was born due to the fact I used to ride a bit to fast for my own good.

Iain, i'm loving the 851.

My list, well i suppose my current bike would have to be on it -

DSC_1997.jpg

And one of these -

Triumph%20Speed%20Triple.jpg

And finally, one of these -

Sunbeam_S7_motorcycle.jpg

Unfortunatley i dont think anyone makes a kit of any of these, so i'll just have console myself with looking at the pics.

Of all the bikes that I have owned the 1970 CB750 was probably the best of the lot, however I could not justify the cost of getting one nowadays, here's me and my bike back in 1971.

DenandCOI3922-2.jpg

DEN_BEND_BACK_COI.jpg

Cheers

Dennis

Wow Dennis, you had one of the original CB's...

Was it one of the Gold ones?

The Tamiya Kit probably costs as much as your real bike did back then...

Steve

It was a greeny blue one (Turquoise ?), I bought it second hand with very low mileage it had been registered in Ireland hence the different registration number, I traded it in for a CB750K2 which was a disappointment as it was awfully slow

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 1

It was a greeny blue one (Turquoise ?), I bought it second hand with very low mileage it had been registered in Ireland hence the different registration number, I traded it in for a CB750K2 which was a disappointment as it was awfully slow

Cheers

Dennis

Oh thats so cool.

I had a chance many year ago to drive a CB750 just like that, one that a friend owned, and was just a quick nip round the block job.

I was still riding my GSX 1100 at the time, but that was a moment ill never forget, was magic...

Thanks

steve

• 2 years later...

Suzuki RG500 - my dream bike when I "only" had an RD350LC

Ducati 916 - or MV Augusta F4 (so hard to choose between them)

And although I don't like Harleys I used to love the dark looks of the XLCR1000 cafe racer. One to own rather than ride, I think: It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

Maybe a Bimota Tesi too. I was surprised to see that they are still available brand new.

Oh, and the new Norton Dominator (seeing as the Domiracers are sold out)

Built this , sold it for 40K :
101-0181_IMG.jpg

On the way:

mychop0001_zps255a2811.jpg

Ride this now:

vrscr.jpg

Evo engines in highly modified and hardtailed shovel frames are not model on the shelf. Hoping Tamiya will do the VRSCR Street Rod.

Edited by krow113
  • Like 1

After about 1 year and 3 months since I had my motorcycle adccident and severely broke my shoulder, I have been grudgingly given the go ahead to get myself a new motorbike!

My top choices are a real mixed bag, but these are the bikes which I am looking to buy (they are also my dream bikes too)

In no particular order:

Ducati Panigale 1299: Out of all my picks I'd say this is the most beautiful

landscape-1436213988-ducati-lede.jpg

KTM 1290 Superduke: I like it but then other days I dont like it, maybe a little too angular? The bike itself is pretty damn quick so I choose this mainly because of the performance

2014-ktm-1290-super-duke-r-10.jpg

BMW R9T: Classy looks and can be customized a fair bit to make it your own, maybe not quite as sporty as my other choices

bmw-r9t-3.jpg

MV Agusta Brutale Dragster 800RR: I love how this looks, I'm a fan of the chopped tail and the rake of the whole bike, currently this bike is my favourite to buy

102814-2015-mv-agusta-brutale-dragster-8

• Like 4

The Honda RC30. A single sided swing-arm HRC race version of the VFR750. ( which I see Rick Brown has also linked further up the thread )

Honda%20RC30%20%205.jpg

I drooled over this bike in the late 80's.

There's also the smaller NC30 which is a 400cc version.

DSC03395.jpg

Edited by Borez
  • Like 3