Whats your Phhhhwaaaaar bike?

D1fuN0

Howdy chaps and chapesses

Very easy, what bike just makes you go phhhhwaaaaaaaar and weak at the knees, and can you produce a model of them?

I have three... (no particular order)

The Indian 442...

442-11.jpg

Have the GS one in the stash, but waiting till I get my Masocist and flagelents badge's before I attempt it.

Ducati 900ss

Ducati-900-Desmo1.png

Built 2, have 2 in the stash. The sexiest italian bike ive ever seen... (pass the lotion please)

Aaaaaand

The Guzzi V7 Cafe Racer

Moto-Guzz-V7-Clubman-Racer-21.jpg

My God!!!

Plans are afoot to use a Tamiya V10 and a bit ( a lot actually), of scratchbuilding...

Over to you...

Steve

This was a very special bike to me! as I helped build it!

It belonged to the chap sitting on it who was my best mate who sadly died of cancer shortly after this photo was taken!

alas I don't know what happened to the bike! it got sold shortly afterwards!

but it certainly had that phhhhwaaaar factor!.

waz_zps10bb59b8.jpg

• Like 3

The Z 1300 Kawasaki , but you try finding it now. When it first came out, the real one, the test rider burnt the rear tyre out after a few runs up the main strip of Malta Airport.

130 bhp in standard tuning, the beast if ever there was one.

This was a very special bike to me! as I helped build it!

It belonged to the chap sitting on it who was my best mate who sadly died of cancer shortly after this photo was taken!

alas I don't know what happened to the bike! it got sold shortly afterwards!

but it certainly had that phhhhwaaaar factor!.

waz_zps10bb59b8.jpg

Real shame about your friend mate, but that is one beautiful bike.

The Z 1300 Kawasaki , but you try finding it now. When it first came out, the real one, the test rider burnt the rear tyre out after a few runs up the main strip of Malta Airport.

130 bhp in standard tuning, the beast if ever there was one.

Well spooky, how does the saying go, 'I know a bloke...' One of my friends is selling his, so if you can figure out a way of fitting it a suitcase, ill bring it over at christmas... :coolio:

Well, has to be this...the Vincent Black Lightning........and it shouldn't be too hard a conversion from the Revell Black Shadow......1955_vincent_black_lightning.jpg

Beautiful....

• Like 2

It would have to be:

My dad's old Triumph Thunderbird (tragically sold about 5 years ago, recently replaced with a Ducati Monster)

The Ural Cobra: (one of the Russian bikes my dad used to import)

3720_6original.jpg

But top of the list, I'm soo sorry, has to be this:

M21554670_g.jpg

Tim

The Benelli sixes, at a time when the Japanese manufacturers still had to build a six. At the time the Japanese were dumping low priced scooters onto the European market. Benelli gave the Italian govenrnment an ultimatum stop the imports or I close my factories. Unumployment in the motorcycle industry was one of concern at the time.

green-benelli-sei-750_zpsdf19078e.jpg

This is the 750 but if I remember they went up to 1100cc's, didn't they look good?

I found this on Google along with lots of pics of there very tasty looking racers from the 5o's and 60's plus all the mew road bikes.

I can but dream....

Colin

• Like 1

Parked today next to one of these babies - probably one of the sexiest bikes nowdays :

Ducati-Diavel-11.jpg

The funny thing is... If that had any other badge on, other than Ducati, everyone would be calling it the ugliest bike ever made...

Beautiful

Steve

Ahhh, no Harleys.... (sulk).

RSV, mhhhh maybe, that german thing.... erm????, but the 916...... (lotion please matron...)

When Ive finished my trip down memory lane bikes, im going to do the Tamiya 916, and do the bodywork in Black Carbon Fibre decals.

Steve

Ahhh, no Harleys.... (sulk).

RSV, mhhhh maybe, that german thing.... erm????, but the 916...... (lotion please matron...)

When Ive finished my trip down memory lane bikes, im going to do the Tamiya 916, and do the bodywork in Black Carbon Fibre decals.

Steve

Aprilia? Without doubt! The BMW RR is simply "amazing"!! It's got MotoGp technology all over it.....don't like the anti-wheelie though! 916? Nuff said!!

I have the Tamiya Ducati 916 built ages ago in Ducati Red from Steve at Zero. But......I have got the Dexter "Senna" 1995 kit! She'll be Metallic Grey body with carbon belly pan, bronze frame, red wheels & the rest in carbon! Wing mirrors, heel guard, mudguard & chain guard!

Oh yes & all the nuts, bolts, fixtures & fittings that I can possibly throw at a 1/12 bike!!

It's "Senna" after all.......

ATB

Parked today next to one of these babies - probably one of the sexiest bikes nowdays :

Ducati-Diavel-11.jpg

Funnily enough I was just about to post again and add this one to my list - it's hideousness is absolutely gorgeous :P

I think the Strada version is better myself:

2013-Ducati-Diavel-Strada-02.jpg

Tim

Ah, hard to choose, but I think I'd put as my no.1 the Munch Mammut, no.2; 500cc Manx Norton and no.3.....is undecided yet. Sorry no pictures, but I'm sure you know what these common M'bikes look like.

Suzuki RG500 - my dream bike when I "only" had an RD350LC

Ducati 916 - or MV Augusta F4 (so hard to choose between them)

And although I don't like Harleys I used to love the dark looks of the XLCR1000 cafe racer. One to own rather than ride, I think: It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

• Like 1

This....all day long.

mmm_zpsc4ec680c.jpg

Harley V-Rod!

Pete