More Than Photography!

Daniel Cox

Hi All,

For those who most often frequent the WWII Aircraft Modelling Forum or alternatively the Aviation Photography Forum here on Britmodeller, you may be familiar with some of my research or alternatively some of my photography like that shown below.

9781314203_319eac0cff_b.jpg

Vickers-Supermarine Spitfire HFVIII; MV239, A58-758, VH-HET of the Temora Aviation Museum as flown by Douglas Hamilton.

That said my main interest lies not with photography or research, in fact I enjoy and have always enjoyed doing drawing and painting since I was at least three years old.

Today I was going through some CD's to see what was on them when I discovered some concept sketches that I completed a few years ago for some paintings I had planned. The sketches were completed digitally with a Wacom Cintiq pen display (screen) using Corel Painter 10 at the time. I had forgotten about them so am now planning to revisit this work and others to completion through the next few months.

9933781663_2668af0e24_b.jpg

Rough concept sketch of a United States Navy Reserve FG-1D Corsair flying over waves breaking on a beach.

9933777423_9c299072e6_b.jpg

9934399293_c455bc4b95_b.jpg

Rough concept sketch (two versions) of two 816 Squadron, Fleet Air Arm, Swordfish II aircraft in action.

The picture shown below is from a watercolour painting done on A3 paper by me during 2003.

9933639015_eaa7c6ce29_b.jpg

Messerschmitt Kaputt! A Royal Air Force Fitter sports the latest in headdress as seen at Comiso, Sicily during 1943.

All images shown above are Copyright ©2003-2013 Daniel Cox.

Cheers,

Daniel.

• Like 1

You've got a real talent which a camera and brush that is for sure. Please post some more.

Duncan B

Hi Duncan,

Thank-you I'm glad you like my pics, over the next few weeks I will post some more.

Good artwork - glad to hear you are getting back into it - look forward to seeing the results.

Hi Neil,

Thanks, I have kept my hand in though drawing and painting mostly women posing nude with the occasional man thrown in for good measure. I trust you are still at it, painting things that fly?

Lovely work there, Daniel.

A graphic designer and ex-illustrator myself - the computer killed it for me - haven't done any brush or pencil work myself for nearly 20 years now. That's why I took up modelling again . . .

Nick

Hi Nick,

Thanks, I know where your coming from, I seem to do more work in InDesign and Illustrator than driving a paintbrush that said I have at least kept my hand in though.

Very nice work indeed!! Welldone Daniel!!! :goodjob:

Thanks Planeart, all the best.

Love the picture of the Spitfire. You sir indeed have a talent.

Hi Pilgrim,

Thanks, although one could argue the appearance of the Spitfire makes it easy to get a nice picture of it.

Cheers,

Daniel.