German Railway Gun "Dora"

james007

Absolutely awesome! Amazing! Fantastic!

I sat looking at the pics for 15 minutes and thought, "How the hell does anybody have the time and patience to build something like that?" I certainly wouldn't!

But, like I said....awesome, amazing, fantastic! :goodjob:

• Like 1

Only one thing I can say is,,,,,, WOW!!!!

Regards

Pete

I am referring to one of the pics in that link you posted with the guy standing next to his Dora when I say "holy sh*t - that's stupidly massive!" He must have a very understanding wife....

Your build is utterly brilliant. Beautifully weathered and constructed. For 1/72 it's still a pretty big shelf filler.

I once looked at the 1/35 scale one with great anticipation until I saw the price tag and realised that I would have to find a new home to live in if I bought it - and not because of it's size....

Did you do a WIP of this anywhere? I am really keen to see how your weathering process

MH

• 2 weeks later...

very impressive build, thought it was 1/35 scale from the photos; everything is just spot on.

First of all I would like to thank all of you for the comments & sorry for taking time to reply I was out of the country , here I post some more pictures as requested & forgive me if I may post some pictures I already did before .

Wish you all luck .

IMG_2128.jpgIMG_2114.jpgIMG_2170.jpgIMG_2174.jpgIMG_2183.jpgIMG_2190.jpgIMG_2222.jpgIMG_2239.jpgIMG_2269.jpgIMG_2291.jpgIMG_2303.jpg

• Like 2

I remember seeing these for the first time in beatties wood green when at school, couldn't believe something so big was available in kit form.

I have never seen a built one, its amazing, how on earth do you hide something like that from enemy aircraft ?

• 3 weeks later...

Wow... What a monster, I had never heard of this creation before. Most often when I see a model I either think "that looks weathered" or "that's not weathered". I didn't on this one, it just looks absolutely real!

As someone else requested I would also like something of an in progress thread with some text and pictures of the build and finish, especially the weathering.

Again, nice work!

• Like 1