Italeri 1/48th Sea Hurricane Mk.IIc- 835 NAS,HMS Nairana

tonyot

Hiya Folks,

Here is my second finished Italeri 1/48th scale Hurricane Mk.IIc converted into a Sea Hurricane Mk.IIc using the hook parts from the Italeri Sea Hurricane Mk.Ib kit. As my old Hasegawa kit of an all white 835 NAS Sea Hurri was looking a bit sad and wore the wrong markings care of an incorrect aftermarket decal sheet I decided to replace it with this new kit, finished as NF700, 7-T which hit the round down of HMS Nairana on the 2nd March 1944, snapping the rear fuselage;

DSCF8392_zpse613711e.jpg

DSCF8388_zpsafe460d8.jpg

DSCF8391_zps7f9abb47.jpg

DSCF8385_zpsf451c9cd.jpg

I`ve managed to accumulate quite a few photos of 835 NAS Sea Hurri`s including those wearing D-Day stripes (NF698, 7-D was one of these and I was sorely tempted to do this one,..maybe next time?) and these came in very useful for reference. According to these photos NF700 had a feathered airbrushed edge around the anti glare panel in front of the cockpit which was a section of the original Temperate Sea Finish, but as I don`t have an airbrush I tried using a rattle can and the blue tak sausage method, but this was a total waste of time! Reverting to type, I attempted to replicate this feathered edge plus some overspray on the propeller blades and exhausts using some careful brush work, .......hope it looks OK?

Cheers,

Tony O

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 6