Operation Herrick British Forces crew

Kiwi Boy

Hi All.

I am in need of a bit of advice. I was at a model show this weekend in New Zealand and bagged a few bargains. One of which was the Airfix 1:48 Operation Herrick British Force Patrol and Support group set that contains the Lynx AH.7 helicopter, Land Rover WMIK and a set of soldiers.

http://www.airfix.com/shop/military-vehicles/148-scale-military-vehicles/a50123-british-forces-patrol-and-support-group-gift-set-148/

I would like to beef this set up with extra crews. PE and all the good stuff but what I would like to know from any one who may have used it, would the seated figures from the Airfix 1:48 British Forces Vehicle crew fit into the WMIK Land Rover from the Patrol and Support group set?

http://www.airfix.com/shop/figures/148-scale-figures/a03702-british-vehicle-crew-148/

My aim here is to create a diorama of the helicopter landing on or near a road with a WMIK and maybe a Jackel securing the landing zone. So I would like to add the Eduard big set to the Lynx, Airfix PE to the WMIK Land Rover and get the Airfix Vehicle crew set.

From what I have read, others have had to do major surgery on the seated soldiers to enable them to fit into the Landrovers. It can be, and has been, done. The crew were really only designed to fit the Jackal and Coyote.

That's a shame. You would have thought that Airfix would have made them universal having bought out the Herrick range of Land Rover, Jackel and Coyote. I'm no novice anyway at having to modify parts to fit other kits etc so I shouldn't imagine it would be too difficult. It's all part of this great hobby so I reckon I will give it a go anyway. Thanks for the comments.

• 5 weeks later...

Picked up all the Airfix 1/48 figures and was just a tad disappointed with them, the moulding is somehow both blocky and a bit faint and they're not truly 'Multipose' in the sense the old 1/32 figures were.....However they are moulded in a nice hard plastic that should be easy to work with, so minor surgery and a bit of sculpting are all that will be required to change things around.