F-86 Sabre STGB anyone?

Mozzy19

That would work quite well. You could link the builds with Sabre and Harrier in IV Sqn colours!

I'm a slow modeller, spending too much time on research.

I will build a RNoAF Sabre, either an F or a K. No Norwegian Harriers, I'm afraid....

Nils

I'm a slow modeller, spending too much time on research.

I will build a RNoAF Sabre, either an F or a K. No Norwegian Harriers, I'm afraid....

Nils

Maybe you could have a back to basics blitzbuild. No research, very little aftermarket etc.

I'm going to do that sometime soon to get back in the swing of things.

Sean

August 14 - excellent, time to save up and get a few bits together. Unless that is Julien does the philanthropic bit and provides us all with a kit..............

On more down to earth note Canadair Sabre Mk 6's - 6-3 wing with slats?? If so is the Academy F-86F-40 the same thing.

Cheers

Stu

On more down to earth note Canadair Sabre Mk 6's - 6-3 wing with slats?? If so is the Academy F-86F-40 the same thing.

There was a superb website which gave chapter and verse on the Sabre wing question, but it seems to have disappeared.

From memory, the Mk6 was the only Sabre with a short-span 6-3 wings and slats. An F-40 wing will need to have the wingtip extension removed.

So do we want the August start Mish said instead of the July date suggested yesterday?

Stu, I don't think the Mk6 is the same as the Academy kit. I started a thread a while ago which I got usefulness information from. I'll see if I can find it for you.

Sean

Edit: here you go: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234938015-f-86f-30-to-raf-sabre-mk4/

I have no preference. Whenever it starts, I want in! :D

You are in! For your 4000th G.B...

I think it's going to end up being August looking at the various preferences.

Cheers for the link Sean, a bit of light (!) reading......

Stu

Yes it did seem to get a little heated about the wheels and landing lights...

Sean

• Like 1

You are in! For your 4000th G.B...

4000th concurrent GB! :lol:

I now have to decide what I'm building. There's so much from which to choose! :frantic:

I'm seriously considering an Ethiopian F-86F supplied by Iran in desert camouflage... Outrageous, eh? :D

Maybe you could have a back to basics blitzbuild. No research, very little aftermarket etc.

I have tried it - it didn't work. :doh:

Winter camouflaged RAF Harriers in Norway is indeed an option. But for the other GB though. :)

Nils

I have tried it - it didn't work.

Nils

Ah well, you've got a while to decide anyway, no need for a definitive decision yet :)

By the way, do you know what type of wing was used on the Norwegian F-86F's? I fancy using your decal sheet, but it don't know if I have the right kits for it.

Sean

I have yet to finish a groupbuild ( only started in one though) but a F-86 GB is something I could do. Start in August 2014 sounds nice :-). I'm planning on a Norwegian F-86F, does anyone know of a good kit in 1/72 that could be used for that. And I'm sure Vingtor has some decals I can use :winkgrin:

You need an F-86F-40, in 1.72 the best is Fujimi. You need the RF-86 Boxing, the Blue Impluse boxing, or boxing F-18 from memory.

I'm seriously considering an Ethiopian F-86F supplied by Iran in desert camouflage... Outrageous, eh? :D

Never seen them in camo, I have seen them in NMF though. Got any pics?

August 14 - excellent, time to save up and get a few bits together. Unless that is Julien does the philanthropic bit and provides us all with a kit..............

Cheers

Stu

If you get the academy kit then you will need to shorten the wing as the Sabre 6 never had the extension but still the slats.

A better option is to get the Hobbycraft Sabre 6.

Julien

• Like 1

By the way, do you know what type of wing was used on the Norwegian F-86F's? I fancy using your decal sheet, but it don't know if I have the right kits for it.

Norwegian F-86Fs were all fitted with 6-3 wings. Originally short span with wing fences and no slats. After a couple of years (or so) these were replaced with long span slatted wings.

Note also that Norwegian Sables were retrofitted with Marting Baker bang seats, and at the same time had new canopy rails installed, to lift the canopy over the seat when opening.

Nils

Norwegian F-86Fs were all fitted with 6-3 wings. Originally short span with wing fences and no slats. After a couple of years (or so) these were replaced with long span slatted wings.

Note also that Norwegian Sables were retrofitted with Marting Baker bang seats, and at the same time had new canopy rails installed, to lift the canopy over the seat when opening.

Nils

Thanks for that, I think I'll do an early on, unless I get another kit... :wicked:

Sean