Maritime Patrol including Coastal Command GB Chat

O.k.

I've gone through the posts and created a list of interested parties so far, if you are no longer interested please let us know but as yet this is who we have;

Hosts, Me (dazdot), and Col

interested parties;

1. dazdot
  2. Arnie c
  3. Mish
  4. Stephen
  5. Stevehnz
  6. Jockney
  7. JB65rams
  8. 2wheels
  9. Enzo Matrix
  10. steve 360
  11. Radleigh
  12. Woody 37
  13. Col
  14. Atom.uk
  15. Bobster
  16. wez
  17. Wyverns4
  18. Caerbannog
  19. Perdu
  20. Johnd

so thats 20 so far we only need 10 more to get this in the vote for 2015

list of eligiable aircraft so far that i can think of

Mosquito

Wellington

Warwick

B17

Hudson

Liberator

Catalina

Sunderland

Beaufort

Beaufighter

Blenheim, i think

walrus?

Lancaster I think CC had some

Anson

Airspeed oxford

Hawker hector

Hawker hurricane

Gloster gladiator

supermarine stranraer

oh and of course shackleton

i think thats all i can think of

come on all lets get to the thirty

Edited by dazdot

list of eligiable aircraft so far that i can think of

Mosquito

Wellington

Warwick

B17

Hudson

Liberator

Catalina

Sunderland

Beaufort

Beaufighter

Blenheim, i think

walrus?

Lancaster I think CC had some

Anson

Airspeed oxford

Hawker hector

Hawker hurricane

Gloster gladiator

supermarine stranraer

oh and of course shackleton

i think thats all i can think of

come on all lets get to the thirty

The Blenheim is a definite (good excuse to use the forthcoming Airfix Mk.IV - I've got some AM decals for a Coastal Command aircraft), you can also add the Whitley, Hampden and Halifax to that list too!

Wez

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After a few posts in the Lockheed P2V-xx Neptune STGB proposal which points in the direction to widen the scope a bil to include other types. I decided to open up a new thread.

How about a maritime patrol GB? I was thinking why not widening it a little further and include ships/ patrol boats and other gear associated with Maritime patrols.

No limits on era or nations. If it did maritime patrol its eligible.

1: hgbn Host

2: Mish

3: RNoAF Aerobatic Team

4: Radleigh

5: Lex77

6: Roland Pulfrew

Edited by hgbn
  • Like 1

Let me see... Heinkel HE-115, BV 138, 1 Lockheed Hudson a few Ventura's, 4 Lockheed P2V-7 Neptunes, a Privateer, 3 P-3 Orions, A US.Navy Liberator just to name a few from my stash

Edited by hgbn

Daz

Is it worth trying to link the Coastal Command, Maritime Patrol Aircraft and Lockheed Neptune GB suggestions into one GB? Might give all of them the numbers they need. After all, lots of MPA served in Coastal, RAF Neptunes served in Coastal and, IIRC, the Beaus were sort of MPA before the term MPA became in vogue. Just a thought.

(I would put hyperlinks to the other 2 topics but I'm on an iGadget and the icons don't appear).

Daz

Is it worth trying to link the Coastal Command, Maritime Patrol Aircraft and Lockheed Neptune GB suggestions into one GB? Might give all of them the numbers they need. After all, lots of MPA served in Coastal, RAF Neptunes served in Coastal and, IIRC, the Beaus were sort of MPA before the term MPA became in vogue. Just a thought.

(I would put hyperlinks to the other 2 topics but I'm on an iGadget and the icons don't appear).

hi roland i looked at this and it may be an option and was thinking about this what do others think?

Sounds like a good plan to me, more likelihood of one combined GB going forward than 3 not so well supported ones.

Wez

I was definitely up for the Neptune build, but mine is a very American Vietnam War OP-2E variant. However, I am currently struggling with a postwar Lancaster GR.3 and a WWII Liberator GR.V so I might be interested in doing these as part of a Group Build.

Regards,

Jason