Maritime Patrol including Coastal Command GB Chat

17 minutes ago, Jb65rams said:

Robert, thanks for the reminder. 

I originally signed up in 2013 and am still planning on taking part. Its been a long time coming.

Might be a slow start as I need to finish my entry in the Grumman GB first.

No problem :)

I know what you mean about conflicting builds though - I'll prioritise this GB,  but a long time back, I also signed up for the PzIV STGB which runs at the same time as this one.

19 hours ago, stevej60 said:

I'm fancying something U S Navy blue in colour.noticed Academy's Catalina in post war scheme in a Revell box is this a new release? Not seen any in the shop's

Sounds good.

If it's the kit I think it is, big H have it listed with plenty in stock

• Like 1

Sadly, due to its timing I won't be able to join this GB even though I signed up as I'm back to studying and will therefore have NO FUN until the summer!

I shall however, be keeping tabs on this thread and the GB, I'm quite looking forward to the range of subjects this GB offers.

Good luck to all of those who get to play!

• Sad 1

Hello @Robert Stuart .. I believe you’re running this build if I’m correct ? If not i hope whomever is reads this. I sadly must bow out of a few builds that I'm signed up for, including this one. I have to dismantle and store all of my stash, built kits, and move my office. This wasn't supposed to happen until Feburary originally.   

However that date has been creeping backwards. Last month that got pushed to January. Yesterday morning 22/11/18. I was informed i need to move everything next week. Then i have to figure out how to rebuild in a space 1/2 the size ? Ive been in a bad way today just trying to deal with it all. If i get back up and running in time i will join in at that time. 

Dennis

• Sad 2

I am so sorry to hear this Dennis!   I can sympathize completely.  I had to do that few years back and I spent the first few days pulling my hair out.  Then I made it work, as I am sure you will too.  I hope, at least, you will be able to stop in, say hello, monitor and otherwise still be a part of any upcoming build if only as a cheerleader.

John

• Like 3

12 hours ago, John D.C. Masters said:

I hope, at least, you will be able to stop in, say hello, monitor and otherwise still be a part of any upcoming build if only as a cheerleader.

Oh I will be doing that. Im still capable of doing some limited research, though most of my library will be boxed. 

On 23/11/2018 at 07:51, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello @Robert Stuart .. I believe you’re running this build if I’m correct ? If not i hope whomever is reads this. I sadly must bow out of a few builds that I'm signed up for, including this one. I have to dismantle and store all of my stash, built kits, and move my office. This wasn't supposed to happen until Feburary originally.   

However that date has been creeping backwards. Last month that got pushed to January. Yesterday morning 22/11/18. I was informed i need to move everything next week. Then i have to figure out how to rebuild in a space 1/2 the size ? Ive been in a bad way today just trying to deal with it all. If i get back up and running in time i will join in at that time. 

Dennis

Sorry to hear your news Denis, and I fully understand having been through similar problems in the last few months.

Hope you can find space and the rebuild goes well, and you can start making models again soon.

As John says, stay in touch, your input will be very welcome.

• Thanks 1

Only 7 more sleeps before this GB starts.. soooooooo excited :jump_fire:

Has everyone got their builds ready ? :frantic:

I've had a change of plan. I'm going to keep my Blackburn Perth for the Flying Boats GB, so have found something suitable for this one. :idea:

cheers Pat

• Like 1

Very exciting!  I won't be joining in until after December 5th...Athens for a few days and then off to Vienna for a few days.  There is a huge Pieter Bruegel the Elder exhibit at the Kunsthistoriche Museum.  I must see it.  I'll take a walk through the Military Museum while I'm there too.  Eat some schnitzel.  Go to the movies and see 'The Third Man' again...

Any good model shops in Vienna?

Edited by John D.C. Masters
  • Like 2

My finishing rate in GB's is very patchy, but I would like to get an RAAF Neptune done, so will join in this one, I seem to remember there was a Buddy Build for Neptunes a few years back, and I got a lot of things ready for that, but as my wife was terminally ill, I never even got started, so this might be my chance.

For reference I have one as a gate guard about 5 Kms away in a straight line, double that to drive there, and a whole lot of photos of it.  Photos of it are in the Walkaround section on here.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

I've had a change of plan. I'm going to keep my Blackburn Perth for the Flying Boats GB, so have found something suitable for this one.

I know the feeling, I have a Walrus that I'm itching to build, but will hold that over, and build something with more engines here.

21 hours ago, John D.C. Masters said:

There is a huge Pieter Bruegel the Elder exhibit at the Kunsthistoriche Museum.

Mmm, wish I could go too.

@Graeme H Your Neptune sounds like a good choice.  It would be good if you finish it, and great if you finish in time for the end of the group build :)

2 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

The rules have posted to the Group Build rule thread. 

Hi Ray,

I'm down for this GB (Thank you Robert for the reminder PM :))

Re reading the rules and <25% rule, I would like to enter this Hasegawa P3 as

my build, just wanted to check it is under the 25%  by you?

ac930f71-6f25-48df-aaa3-f466979a47d1.jpg

d43029df-6c43-4be9-b1dc-4523e3bb5915.jpg

Thanks

Alan

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LDSModeller said:

Hi Ray,

I'm down for this GB (Thank you Robert for the reminder PM :))

Re reading the rules and <25% rule, I would like to enter this Hasegawa P3 as

my build, just wanted to check it is under the 25%  by you?

ac930f71-6f25-48df-aaa3-f466979a47d1.jpg

d43029df-6c43-4be9-b1dc-4523e3bb5915.jpg

Thanks

Alan

That is well below the 25% limit Alan, build a Kiwi P-3B are we? :D

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

That is well below the 25% limit Alan, build a Kiwi P-3B are we? :D

Hi Ray,

Thanks, I'll set up a build thread.

Yes a Kiwi P3B  in Hi Vis Scheme:thumbsup:

Thanks/regards

Alan

EDIT: Never mind the question! I just read the rules (it´s always recommended to do that first :doh:) and I got my answer written out quite clearly there. So an ASW B-25 would be ok... If I dare to try paint all that lower surface white, usually just a white spinner or fuselage band is enough to give me bumps :coolio:.

(Ray and Robert, I´m a long way from beginning my build yet, but as I´m in a kind of a Olive Drab euphoria at the moment, I´ve been viewing my Airfix B-25 I completely missed - not a DNF but a DNS! - in its own STGB earlier this year. One of the kits decal options is for an anti-submarine patrol aircraft. Maybe that´s been already discussed here but I´m checking if that´d be eligible too? I´m not in a mood to paint anything in Luftwaffe schemes right now... V-P)

• Like 1