23. RNoAF Aerobatic Team
  24. Jb65rams
  25. bootneck
  26. Mozzy19
  27. johnd
  28. Stephen
  29. Admiral Puff
  30. wyverns4

Thanks guys, it looks as though we have the numbers to go forward to the vote at the end of the year.

Edited by Robert Stuart
  • Like 2

Usually 2 is the number of hosts required, though the more the merrier. I will be having a go with my first co-hosting gig in the middle of the year with the Airliners GB.

So if this one gets up I will put my hand up as well to help host.

Ray

• Like 1

I'd be interested in joining this one. But, with my lack of MRA/MRR kits would whiffing/modding my unfinished Vulcan into a MRA.3 variant be within the rules?

Edit: My Vulcan is about at 90% complete and my lack of correct chemicals to melt the glue means I A. buy that super melting chemical.

B. Find extra hobby £ to but a Nimrod (that would be my choice)

Edited by raptormodeller

I'd be up for this too please - probably something Spanish Civil War.

As an aside, do you think it's time to ditch the pre 2015 posts? Starting at the beginning it took me a really long time to realise that this was no longer just a Coastal Command proposal (notwithstanding the title!).

Cheers

Cliff

• Like 1

This GB now has enough nominations and co-hosts to qualify it for the 2017 poll.

The poll will take place on November. That seems a long time in the future, but it will be upon us sooner than we expect. So, I would recommend that the co-hosts keep the discussion going to maintain interest up to November.

In the meantime, I have edited the title of the thread to remind me that the GB has qualified.

• Like 2

Usually 2 is the number of hosts required, though the more the merrier. I will be having a go with my first co-hosting gig in the middle of the year with the Airliners GB.

So if this one gets up I will put my hand up as well to help host.

Thanks TrojanThunder, you help will be gratefully received.

I'd be interested in joining this one. But, with my lack of MRA/MRR kits would whiffing/modding my unfinished Vulcan into a MRA.3 variant be within the rules?

Edit: My Vulcan is about at 90% complete and my lack of correct chemicals to melt the glue means I A. buy that super melting chemical.

B. Find extra hobby £ to but a Nimrod (that would be my choice)

Option B, Nimrod would be great - I presume the Comet derived jet?

I'd be up for this too please - probably something Spanish Civil War.

As an aside, do you think it's time to ditch the pre 2015 posts? Starting at the beginning it took me a really long time to realise that this was no longer just a Coastal Command proposal (notwithstanding the title!).

Cheers

Cliff

Something Spanish Civil War? That does sound interesting.

I personally don't have the authority to delete other people's posts - !'m not sure I can even delete my own!

What we can do is ask Dazdot to post in the rules for the build when they are finalised.

Regarding rules, my own thinking is:

• The build is essentially for any Maritime Patrol or Coastal Command aircraft
  • Any time period
  • Any nationality
  • Any scale
  • No what-ifs
  • Otherwise normal rules apply
  • Like 2

Thanks Enzo, but, I don't think the issue is with the title.

I can undrstand CliffB's issue with the number of posts in this thread, but I feel that deleting other people's posts might cause more problems than it would solve.

Add me in - my Lancaster and Liberator are too far built to qualify, but I could scrounge up some Soviet maritime aircraft - a Beriev MBR-2 anyone? And the Il-2 was used by naval units for anti-shipping duties.

Regards,

Jason

• Like 1

Given I'm now building a couple of Coastal Command Beaufighters for the Made in GB GB the Mosquito will be my next choice for this one; either a Banff VI or XVIII :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Robert,

Count me in please, probably looking to build a Beaufighter or a Hudson, looking into the stash. I have been looking at a Sunderland, but never quite got around to spending the cash so far....

Cheers

Rob

Welcome Jason, Roland and Rob

1. Edge
  2. TrojanThunder - co-host
  3. Col
  4. Knight_Flyer
  5. stevehnz
  6. Robert Stuart - co-host
  7. Mitch K
  8. vppelt68
  9. Blastvader
  10. Arniec
  11. Dermo245
  12. rob85
  13. Bish
  14. dazdot - co-host
  15. Caerbannog
  16. milktrip
  17. Lex77
  18. Jockney
  19. LDSModeller
  20. bubbasparksuk
  21. Radleigh
  22. Wez
  23. RNoAF Aerobatic Team
  24. Jb65rams
  25. bootneck
  26. Mozzy19
  27. johnd
  28. Stephen
  29. Admiral Puff
  30. wyverns4
  31. raptormodeller
  32. CliffB
  33. Learstang
  34. Roland Pulfrew
  35. bobster

Hello to the host and co-hosts! I've just spotted this after quite possibly the longest gestation period of any GB.

I'm in too with this one and it's given me a real goal to start (and hopefully finish!) the jewel in my stash.

Who's going to volunteer to do a WNW Felixtowe? (Don't look at me ...)

Me, me! Pick me!! :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is this just British maritime patrol / coastal command or worldwide? Is this aircraft only or floaty things also.

Sorry if this has been discussed within the thread. I only have time to read post #1 on the first page.

{snip}

Regarding rules, my own thinking is:

• The build is essentially for any Maritime Patrol or Coastal Command aircraft
  • Any time period
  • Any nationality
  • Any scale
  • No what-ifs
  • Otherwise normal rules apply

Is this just British maritime patrol / coastal command or worldwide?

World wide, we hope to have a Ju88 and either and He59 or He60 from the Spanish Civil war.

Is this aircraft only or floaty things also.

What did you have in mind?

The term "Maritime Patrol" is not limited to flappy things, and we might be able to make a suitable change to my suggested rules (above).