What if..........RNLI had a MERLIN....!

Tornado

The replacement Merlin prop blade isn't looking promising.... To many horror stories about italeri supply of spares, I ordered a 2nd dinghy from airfix on Monday, it arrived this morning......... Anyone help with a spare they may have ?? Or this is gonna have to be re conciddered and go the sea king route....... :(

Mark

Camelot class??

As for the name...I rather like Grace Darling...it is ambiguous and to my mind has a warm comforting ring to it which, after being plucked from death, might even raise a smile.

Cracking livery btw.

Cheers bud

airfix have sent me a spare dinghy that's going in the rear of the merlin. So gonna crack on with that till I sorted this rotor issue.

john check this..

http://www.targetlock.org.uk/eh101/

The Merlin is also considered a strong contender to win orders from the US Coast Guard (USCG) for long-range search and rescue helicopters required under the service's Deepwater equipment programme. It is likely that the Merlin would be considered for search and rescue work in Hawaii and Alaska, where long missions over sea and the Arctic are required.

Rite lets get this started............

With thanks to vandy I had a couple of Merlin's arrive today, so the usual pics will follow shortly, I will be making this out of the italeri HMA.1 kit with added parts from a 101 TTI I have in the spares stash, most notably, going to be swapping the tails so the HMA has the ramp for a lifeboat dinghy to be thrown out of.....