My first 'published' kits

PLC1966

I have put my name up for the possible 'Training Aircraft' GB. As a bit of a computer biff I decided that I needed to work out how to post my WIP shots. Therefore I have decided to take the plunge, embarrass myself compared to 99% of you guys, and post some of a couple of my kits.

First up is my favourite Spitfire Mk1 kit, the good old Airfix Series 1 BTK (yes, I am that odd......). I have tried to make it in into a MK IIA using the lovely 3D Resin Upgrade. I have used the decals portraying the finest Fighter Squadron in the Royal Air Force, 19(F). As I wanted to get the pictures on-line to celebrate my 100th post, I have put the aircraft on while I am still waiting for the Ezy-Line to do the Aerials. Brush painted using Humbrol. Pretty much out of the box except for Eduard Seatbelts.

31ys.jpgz4hl.jpg6o8c.jpg0qgh.jpg

Second kit is the 1/48 Monogram Razorback P-47D with Rising Decals SEAC set. Straight out of the box, and a bit of a b***er to be honest but I was overall really happy with it. Once again painted with the hairy stick and Humbrol. I am pretty sure the Fuel Tank is wrong, but I can live with it.

g91r.jpgpf4e.jpg52ix.jpgvi1r.jpg

Cheers

PLC1966

• Like 1

Nowt wrong wi' them!

There's nothing there to be embarrassed about.

Like most of us on here, you probably only see your mistakes and the results of your heavy-handedness and sausage fingers?

You are probably your own worst critic, don't worry about it, all you'll get here is constructive criticism and support.

I felt like you (and still do) about my models (I still comment about giving people a good laugh at my models, but nobody

does laugh!, not publicly at least!), look in the yearbooks, all standards of modelling are there . . .

Cheers Folks.

To be honest there are some kits on here at such a level that I am a bit intimidated in a 'flock me, they are so good' time of way. And I know that not what the site is about, but I am sure you know what I mean.....

Sausage fingers...have you been looking through the window when I have been trying to make up some of the etched bits on my 1/48 Tamiya Beaufighter.....if you've not seen me, you might have heard me '.~#?!$^&'

Thanks for looking.

Rgds

PLC1966

Edited by PLC1966

Loving that P47!

It was many years ago that I last built a P-47, and to be honest I had forgotten how much of a 'lump' it is compared to a Spitfire or Mustang. Mid you that lump shouts 'don't mess with me'.