Morane Saulnier MS225 - Heller 1/72

The roundel started to break up a little - I had coated them with Quickshine (clear substitute) and I think it helped a little - I did an MS 230 some time ago and the letters broke up badly. I have a Heller Saab J21 but have invested in new decals. I do like the old Heller kits - I have been doing more oddball things since my return! I'm not sure what other Heller kits like this are available - may have to go an trawl round ebay - Thanks for your kind comments. I only do this for relaxation and tip my hat to the skill of some on here.

I appreciate your comments. I've got a copy of the kit, of indeterminate age, in the "pile." Decals look fine (well, typical Heller), but I guess it would be safe to coat them before use just in case.

I, too, love the old Heller kits. The whole range of French a/c in the between-the-wars and early-war period seems strange and wonderful to me, largey due (I'm sure) to near-total unfamiliarity. But they're great fun to do, always something different, and one is always grateful to Heller for having covered the lot so completely.

• Like 1

Charming model, and that fine rigging is the icing on the cake.

Heller made some excellent and interesting models from 'tween the wars that nobody else did or have done since. Still a lot to discover there. Have to have a look at my stash… ;-)

Kind regards,

Joachim

Charming model, and that fine rigging is the icing on the cake.

Heller made some excellent and interesting models from 'tween the wars that nobody else did or have done since. Still a lot to discover there. Have to have a look at my stash… ;-)

Kind regards,

Joachim

One skill I have taught myself is the art of the cigarette lighter, fire, Ikea Chopping Board & stretched runner for rigging - it is not that dificult!

Like thorfinn, I've too have always had a fondness for this aeroplane and kit. I built one decades ago, but my very humble effort has been lost to the sands of time. Your fine model may encourage me to build another. Unlike some of their between-the-war bombers, the French parasol (and sesquiplane and biplane) fighters have a certain elegance. For that matter, the D.510 has always been a favourite of mine.

Regards,

Jason

Trés beau ! very nice work. I love this airplane and the "tween" the wars period. Once I made a calcul of the loading per m2 of this aircraft...

I have one in my stock among some 230. Still looking for the 1/48 Battle Axe.

Thanks for sharing

Olivier

Those old Heller kits of unusual subjects are great. I can't believe that is brush painted, it's a great finish.

The photos were taken with an ipad which perhaps makes the finish look not too bad - however since restarting the hobby I am a lot more patient than younger years and when brushing use multiple thinned coats - the top surface probably had 4- 5 coats followed by Quickshine and then Matt Coat

Thanks for all your kind words - one question - does anyone know what happened to the Heller moulds after their demise? Does anyone own them?

I know Czech manufacturer Smer has released quite a few Heller kits over the years. However, whether they own the moulds or not, I don't know.

Regards,

Jason