376th FS P-51B Impatient Virgin of the 361st Looking for Decals?

Lightningboy2000

On the front of the latest Flypast mag, there's a feature on the restored P-51B Impatient Virgin.

I'm after a decal set or two to create a couple of aircraft that flew from Bottisham & the 361st and this aircraft cought my eye. I bet a few other modellers have been thinking the same thing!

Does any one know where I can get the decals individual to this aircraft E9-R 42-106638?

I do have a couple of sheets for the national markings & codes. Were they ever released with a kit?

I am planning on building the original airframe, not the recently restored version.

Mart

• 2 weeks later...

If no Decals exist for your P-51, then why not think about having some masks cut for the markings?

Tim.

It will be 1/72, so not sure if I can cut masks that small. If all else fails, I'll probably paint the artwork. I once painted the Leo nose art for one of the Zodiac squadron B-24, which was pretty good - long before Kits World released their decals. Using a single threaded paint brush! :)

Martin

• 2 years later...

Hello, Martin

Did you ever think about DIY in 1/72? Pin-up below the hood is very common and have been reproduced on many planes (not to mention magazines, books and www) in various sizes and girl wearing from nothing but a smile to very formal clothes. Scan the pin-up picture or draw it yourself, in vector graphic if possible, and than print it on any of many available decal films. The only slight inconvenience would be white base circle, which could be either masked and airbrushed or cut out from white film. Even that would be a breeze comparing to attempting to brush paint it. Just a suggestion. Regards

Jure

Edited by Jure Miljevic