Airfix 1/72 Northrop F-5A Freedom Fighter

Jon.M

Thanks for the kind thoughts. It was my mother who died and even though she was 87 and had been ill for a long time her death is deeply felt of course.

As you'll see from the pictures I have done some work on the Freedom Fighter. The canopy is an awful fit and despite much fettling it's still not good. I decided to brush paint with Humbrol enamels and the first coat of 11 Silver looked good. That tin ran out and the new tin is a completely different colour and has a much coarser grain. :confused: Most of the model is painted with the new tin of 11 Silver, whilst the tail section of the fuselage where the engines are is painted 53 Aluminium. Can you tell the difference? :fraidnot: The tail pipes are 53 Gunmetal.

DSCN1014_zps11f726d9.jpg

The bombs, tank, guns and missiles have been painted and are ready to fit. Next is Klear and decals and then I can see how bad the canopy is.

I'll now have to wait a couple of days as my brother in law and his family are visiting. He has sons aged two and four and everything modelling related has been put away to protect both the models and the kids. :)

Jon

Edited by Jon.M

Believe it or not, this kit is not the worst F-5A in 1/72.

Having built both, I'm of the firm opinion that the Hasegawa is even nastier in many respects...

Airfix-Hasegawa???? Did you ever see a PM box? :banghead:

Edited by mmaker