Wingnut Wings Hannover CLII build for Telford.

Jonners

Wasn't this a little after the Electors' time? Enough to make you want to suck a lozenge perhaps?

W

Too much wine last night - I woke up with a huge Hannover:)

Halfords Lada Cream must be the single most banal colour ever to grace a motor car, but it does a decent job of looking like doped linen!!

More wood graining to follow. I feel like a carpenter, not a modeller.

Jonners von chippendale

Only 3 (now 4) posts in and already shaping up in true Jonners fashion. Not to suggest that Jonners regularly dresses like that portrait...

bob

Thats' my weekend look. Just call me Joanne-ers

Actually theres something about the lady that reminds me of the Hannovers fuel tank....

null_zpsafac787f.jpg

• Like 1

Evening all - right, I've had to do a small repair. Whilst test fitting Das Pit into Das Fuselage, Das crossmember on Das Pilot's seat bulkhead frame broke. Das Bugger!

So, for the purposes of this build, the intrepid flieger of this 'annover has installed a bit of Das Lumber support, in the form of a chenille blanket, borrowed from a pretty mademoiselle, and secured with a pair of Gunther's ( the flight mechanic) leather Leiderhosen straps, what his Mutti sent as a present from Bavaria. That's the story, and theres no interruptions from the back - right! :)

null_zps6531fda1.jpg

Now back to your regular programme....

Jonners von armani

Quick update. Fuselage now joined, with observers seat belts added ( pilots will be added later draped over cockpit coaming). Construction of engine has started, but there's more to do. Like Viking's build I need to add the push rods from brass wire, but the sparking plugs have been drilled out and replaced with brass tube, then wired up.

Its probably me, but I found the MG difficult to fit?

Here's a couple of shots with the wings and tailplane and engine all push fitted.

The seams on the fuselage are pretty easy to clean up, apart from the one ahead of the pilot's cockpit, where space and delicate nearby MG make it a tad more fiddly, and I need to reinstate the leather padding here too a little.

file_zpscecf8b73.jpg

file_zpsff8930ea.jpg

Cheers

Jonners

Amazing so far, almost lost for words on the detail!

I have always thought about getting one of the WNW models but the price puts me off a bit.

Pete

Cheers chaps. In fairness all Im doing is painting the parts and sticking em together . The detail is all Wingnut's

Once the engine ist done, I'll be painting all the various struts etc in the paint versions of the lozenge. The its an overall undercoat in gloss ready for the decalathon. With luck this model will be a demo pice for both the new Aviattic lozenge decals and Pheons markings.

Cheers

Jonners

Fast work Jonners, and yes I found the M/G a bit of a chore to fix in.

Good recovery on the broken frame, and a great way to get the teddy bear featured!

Mine is almost complete now. I got the final decals on last night, just the flare rack to go on and a coat of varnish and I'll call it done, although the speed that you are working at still gives you a chance to beat me to it!

Cheers

John

Fast work Jonners, and yes I found the M/G a bit of a chore to fix in.

Good recovery on the broken frame, and a great way to get the teddy bear featured!

Mine is almost complete now. I got the final decals on last night, just the flare rack to go on and a coat of varnish and I'll call it done, although the speed that you are working at still gives you a chance to beat me to it!

Cheers

John

Hi John - No I doubt that

The decal session is scheduled for V close to Telford , so and forgive the pun, it will be down to the [flying]wire.

What s interesting about WnW builds is that there's always a certain area that causes a bit of gip. Nothing too bad, but kind of like a reminder that these arent, "throw paint and rigging thread onto box, oscillate, then remove pristine WW1 crate". They are close - but the buildability is still proper modelling in my book; as such they are just about the best kits you can buy.

Now - your model.... come on chap - pics and more pics

And NO , I'm not going to tell you what Rowan did with his DVII the other night....

Jonners von Oops

So - I took a quick trip to Games Workshop yesterday, and returned with these ( all official Idfleig colours of course...)

file_zpsd91cbba0.jpg

Which means I can start lozenging up wheel covers, and struts....

file_zpse9f03421.jpg

Not perfect - but close enough to the printed lozenge fabric - which is what the colours in reality were.

Push rods applied to engine and painted. More work still to do though of course :)

file_zps334fded4.jpg

Jonners

• Like 1