Tamyia Avro Lanc Dambusters 1/48(picture heavy)

fallmonk

Well since everyone else was doing one i felt left out ;-) actually me and me and my best mate are building the same(ish) kit he bought a straight forward tamyia lanc i bought the Dambusters version.will post as i go.Also fitted a "edwardo" dash kit so far so good here's some pictures , Ohh and just to add a bit more interest i decided to wire up the props with micro motors AND am going to wire up the "UP KEEP" Bomb to make it spin , it will either work out good or i will destroy a £100 kit lol

null_zps9ce20f87.jpg

null_zps15c9f005.jpg

Not sure if this will upset people but i decided to go with cockpit green even thou Tamyia say use "Panzer Grey" or Black

null_zps2f81b34f.jpg

null_zps3c0ac6ac.jpg

null_zpsbccd2a32.jpg

null_zps0c644ba5.jpg

Drilled out upkeep for pully and dowel,

null_zps378dfa65.jpg

null_zpsa79bc8e9.jpg

null_zpseae5dfdd.jpg

Now the more observant of you might have noticed i wired the batt and motors up BEFORE i hooked the wings and fuselage OOOOOOHPS have to cut n shut together null_zps2309f797.jpg

null_zpsbf2324f4.jpg

Edited by fallmonk

me too....why not add the altitude lights as well?

another thought...if you were to add the downward lamps why not mount the Lanc on an acrylic pole over a seascape ( lakescape didn't sound right ) ....would look brill with props & Upkeep turning & the lights reflecting off the water!

BTW build looking good!

• Like 1

I have a nice peice of clear Perspex I was going to mount it on , but your idea for the lamps sounds good . Will need to up the power and get a few led lights , also need to fabricate some tubes for lights so they act as spot lamps and not just light up area below !

• Like 1

I have a nice peice of clear Perspex I was going to mount it on , but your idea for the lamps sounds good . Will need to up the power and get a few led lights , also need to fabricate some tubes for lights so they act as spot lamps and not just light up area below !

:popcorn:

Ok wee trip to maplins after work this afternoon , bright white LEDs bought , power source bought, micro on/of switch bought , battery's and extra cable bought ! Now I just need to figure out where lamps should be in position , wire and fit it all in the lancs fuselage ,,,, easy :-( lol

It looks like you've attached the wireless operator's table and radios to the aperture where the front turret sits... you may want to change that!

Tom your 100% right, either I wasn't paying attention or sniffing to much glue lol,

Thankfully I had only placed it there in a dry fitting , didnt look right so sent picture to my mate and he corrected my error .

• Like 1

Dont you just love Maplins,

null_zpsa429318f.jpg

Aldis lamps drilled out ,

null_zpsc4d8d32b.jpg

Working lamps ;-) null_zpsf39417c8.jpg

OK some bad news one of the LEDS died 2mins after this pict was taken , so i cant button it up the now , done a lot of soldering wires running the switches etc think i have it almost done just need to go to maplin AGAIN think i have shares in there , on first name terms with half the staff lol

null_zps6b7ee57a.jpg

Am not sure they had this amount of wire in the real Lancs

• Like 1

Cheers folks some slow progress mostly trips to maplins getting switchs, then more leds, then as recommended some resistors,

but think am finally near closing her ,

Also started the the water Dio , never null_zpsdc0b0e9b.jpgdone one of these so trial n error

null_zpsb7945190.jpg

Edited by fallmonk

Small update,still got loads to do , really strugling to keep the upkeep bomb pivot in place ,spins to fast and superglue not holding it !

will figure something out ,to be honest i done these shots more for my sanity as wiring really done my head in , just wanted to see some progress.

null_zps2a625ac8.jpg

null_zpsa7560f9a.jpg

null_zps7e35565c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Had some problems with paint so lots of sanding and re masking, am hopeing its ok this time.

Its starting to be a long slog this one not happy with my sanding and filling but will keep trying

null_zps1c9a23b8.jpg

Small update , got painting i wanted done finished (so far) fitted tail and upkeep bomb ,fingers crossed it turns the dowel wasnt sitting 100% right so its a bit hit or miss if it works !

null_zpsd93298c1.jpg

null_zpscc2b7e4a.jpg

• Like 1

Another update , been very slow with this due to work and weather had a slight problem with rear turret(pict below) any ideas?

also as i thought the bomb aint spinning so far looks like more work required !

null_zpsb50f5c6c.jpg

null_zps34a69f3b.jpg

null_zpscd25f9cb.jpg

PS had a engine failure on the video that will need looked at ;-)

nearly there