Eduard 1/144 Spitfire Mk.IXc

Hello, Newbie question...What kit ? where from ? I,ll work out the "how" when I attempt it.! fantastic job,

Are there custom transfers out there so you can play around with different squadrons eg: 145 (Polish) (N.Afrika) and 81sqd "ace of spades" Mk1X(Burma). I like this scale as I want to produce a diorama for the desert and another for Burma "Broadway". The Broadway one depicting 6 Mk1X,s (Dark Brown,Green red spinner) with ground crew preparing pilots for taxi. I am getting info from my granddad who is detailing the strip for me eg: 100 octane barrels stored in trenches safe® from straffing and hot day temperatures. Dennis (rhs in my avatar photo) was there as a kite engine man to Flt off MaClean (SAAF) but with RAF 81sqd. I will be needing any info I can get for the build eg: can you get figures, trucks etc.. in that scale?

bye for now...Ian

There are sheets of generic WW2 R.A.F. markings available on e-bay, such as;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-100-1-144-1-200-1-285-Mehusla-Decals-RAF-Letters-Grey-Wide-Font-WWII-YK-58-/121172199792?pt=UK_ToysGames_ModelKits_ModelKits_JN&var=420170144958&hash=item1c366d0970

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-100-1-144-1-200-1-285-Mehusla-Decals-RAF-Letters-White-Wide-Font-WWII-YK-59-/121172200254?pt=UK_ToysGames_ModelKits_ModelKits_JN&var=420170145025&hash=item1c366d0b3e

If you search 1/144 RAF decals, you'll find a fair selection. Preiser do various 1/144 figure sets, & UK N gauge model railway vehicles are not that far off 1/144. There is a company that does white metal RAF & Army vehicles, but I think it's only modern stuff, & their name escapes me at the moment....

HTH

Keef

• Like 1

Fantastic work, I often feel that this very small scale modelling isn't given the wider recognition and praise it deserves, same with the really superb small scale model ships seen on this forum.

Do you have a particular magnifying set up or do you have glasses like Cosmo Smallpiece?!!

Thanks for sharing.

Mick

• Like 1