Those drawings look excellent, where did you get them from?

05Eagle_zps2c26db63.jpgThe Scale plans I bought of Ebay about six years ago, and I can assure you I paid a lot more than the $3.50/sheet marked on the envelope. These scale plans were by Allen Everhart JR, drawn sometime in the early 90s. I believe that the scale on these plans is all wrong.

I got the cutaway drawings from http://eagle.space1999.net/ueb_down.html which was offering a very good deal I got the whole plans for 6 Euro for 4 sheets, obviously in download version.

You can also visit this site http://www.starbase79.com/

Edited by XitanAhmar

I was going to mention the metallic green UFO Interceptor - I think it was a seventies thing and they probably thought white was not eyecatching enough for the kiddies.

Yeah...... had to paint the Interceptor white too!

I had that too when I was a kid - a cool toy actually. The later Product Enterprises die cast eagles were certainly much nicer.

Yes it was far better. I've got one somewhere - must dig it out ............

• Like 1

Not sure if they are the same - but I managed to get some nice drawings from Comet Miniatures a year or two ago.

anthony

Xitan - nice work on cleaning up the parts on the Eagle. Watching this with interest. Not seen one of these built for some time.

anthony

Anthony actually the cleaning work was done by another friend in here, Smiffy.

Thanks for your comments, regarding the Round 2 issue of the Eagle Transporter, this seems to be a reissue of the MPC kit which if I remember correctly, was a reissue of the Airfix kit.

On the question of the easy or the hard way, let's just say I am going medieval on this one :fight:

It was originally a Fundimensions/MPC kit. Airfix merely bought in bagged shots and reboxed and rebranded it . MPC re-issued it in 1999 alongside the the Moonbase Alpha kit.

Unfortunately, it not particularly accurate and if one wants one that resembles the filming miniature there are lots of work to be done. Where as the Hawk (which it would appear the moulds have been lost) is a vey good representation.

Marty...

• Like 1

It's a lot of work opening up the framework, I still remember the blisters... an electric tool is definitely the way to go.

Don't think about how the 4 side pods are 'handed' (in 2 axes...) and you'll be ok... I still haven't worked out how (or even IF) I'll address that issue when I build one for myself, but there're heaps of other models to finish first.

I must admit I have a big problem with the "the moulds are lost, so we can't produce any more, ever" argument, especially these days... ever heard of 3-D scanning and CAM? mutter...

Good luck with the build; I still think it's a really cool design, even if the model's generally regarded as not true 1/72... hmm, an inaccurately-scaled model of a fictional craft... anyone else see the 'plot hole' in that argument? LOL

Cheers

• Like 1

I

I must admit I have a big problem with the "the moulds are lost, so we can't produce any more, ever" argument, especially these days... ever heard of 3-D scanning and CAM? mutter...

Cheers

It's easy to understand it's not a technical issue, but rather a commercial one. A near 40 year old TV series, that only had modest success at the time and remembered by a hardy few. If the moulds were to hand one might take a punt on small limited run. Otherwise it's not worth the effort, time and more importantly the money.

Marty...

• Like 1

06Eagle_zpsfaa50fc5.jpg

It’s been a while since I posted an update on this model; With all the daily chores, my time for modeling has been reduced to one hour, when I’m lucky very early in the morning, before going to work.

As in my previous posts, I have decided to scratch build against trying to fix parts of this model. This applies mainly to the cage section. I reinforced this idea after comparing the kit parts with various scale plans, the service and engineering modules are oversized in height (now I know what I was seeing strange on this model). These modules, kit parts 6, 7, 10, 11 are also a little arched at the top and bottom, not one of the various scale plans I have shown an arch. The floor and the roof of the modules are straight as a die

As an aid for building the cage section of the module, I build jigs, sort of a 3D scale plan. I build one jig for the top half of the cage and another jig for the Service and Engineering modules, the front and rear modules cage section are of the exact size.

Finally, I have also received all the materials and started experimenting with the copper tubes and plastic rod. I am using 2mm plastic rod and 3mm, with 2mm bore copper tubes.

To cut the copper tubes I am using a mini pipe tube cutter I found on eBay, my advice here is; don’t even think of cutting any tubes especially copper, if you don’t have this handy tool. I have to say that I was very satisfied with my first trials.

As usual I would be obliged for any suggestions and I must thank everyone that is posting on this subject.

Until the next time.

• 1 month later...

I just got a delivery failure notification when tried to e-mail:

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

[email protected]
A problem occurred during the delivery of this message to this e-mail address. Try sending this message again. If the problem continues, please contact your helpdesk.

The following organization rejected your message: mx002msr.fastwebnet.it.

I ordered some superb plans from a guy in Canada earlier this year - they are for the 22" Eagle and are huge poster-sized blueprints and are superb, but expensive...

http://pages.infinit.net/danielgp/firsteb.htm

I have a Warp kit in my stash but as with others, need the courage to tackle it! I also own a Product Enterprise die cast version that I bought from Modelzone many years ago when they were on sale. I wish I'd bought more of their stuff back in the day! I'd love a larger version of the Eagle as well. I had to hand back the silver trophy for the Gerry Anderson award which apparently was one of the engine bells from the original 44" Eagle 1.

Thanks Kallisti, I can't see how you order them though. Not that I will try until the issue with the other plans is sorted out one way or the other. Did you really have to give back the trophy? Bit of a shame that but I suppose they want to retian such a unique object. Can you post another picture of it? I can't remember where you put it before.

• 1 year later...