As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Flankerman

Moscow and Beijing - MAKS airshow and museums

If anyone is interested, I have just completed a trip report on my recent sojourn to Moscow and Beijing - visiting the MAKS airshow and various aviation museums.

A few tasters......

day5_001.JPG

day5_008.JPG

day9_018.JPG

day10_035.JPG

day10_063.jpg

The whole report - with gazillions of photos - is here

Have fun !

Ken

Some great photos there - thanks for putting them up :speak_cool:

I take it the Chinese are much more interested in preserving aircraft than we are by the looks of all those Mig's! :blink: It looks like you could easily take a whole day looking around the Museum at Xiaotangshan!

Thanks for the photos, this looks a fascinating place to visit with some surprising exhibits (P61) and some rather amazing representations (would never have guessed Mosquito).

Flankerman - on what day(s) were you at MAKS? I was there on the Friday, and it rained a lot in the afternoon. Several of the displays had to stick to their bad-weather versions, we only saw one T-50 flying, and I think several displays got cancelled because I have seen many photographs on the internet of aircraft that did not fly on the Friday. My photographs are all pretty average because of the weather. In 2011 I was there on two days, which ended up in about 1/2 a day of good weather and one almost completely rained out. I am starting to think Zhukovskiy has it in for me... I go to Russia quite regularly and often experience good weather (such as the entire two weeks leading up to MAKS this year), and then I go to the airshow...

What's that funny little red plane at the top Ken? Looks like the illegitimate child of an Alphajet and a Mig-29 :hmmm:

What's that funny little red plane at the top Ken? Looks like the illegitimate child of an Alphajet and a Mig-29 :hmmm:

mike its the yak 130 trainer..

thomas

Absolutely awesome, great to see the P-61 looking healthy!

What a life you lead Ken, I wish I had the time & Money to do trips like you! One day!! Superb report too :)

Hi Ken,

Thanks for sowing off some of your pics, having a look at your trip pictures it looks like there was a lot to see and do I've no doubt it was a lot of fun. I found your Chinese pics great to look at.

Cheers,

Daniel.