Second hand kit dealers

Kes

Not sure where this topic goes on this forum but I'll try here?

I'm thinning down the ol' stash a bit, and would like to sell to a kit dealer,

I visited Waddington airshow this this summer and found a trader who seemed interested

in my stash, thing is I can't find his contact details and I forget his trading name! All I know

is he is from Coventry?

Anyone know who he is and his contact details? Or can anyone recommend a preownwed

Kit dealer?

Thanks for any help or recommendations

. . . Kes (Dave)

Dave I buy a couple of kits a month from King Kit always arrive on time and never a missing part or anything,they are based in the midlands

at Shifnell, might be worth a call.they have an excellent website.

Thanks Fellas, It looks like Kingkit is the way to go, they deal in books and mags too, of which I have thousands! (literally!)

I tried Google search again substituting 'second hand' for 'Preowned' and the results came up with the name I was looking for, 'Kits-kits' anyone had dealing with this trader?

Thanks for your replies (always amazed by the support given in the world of plastic kit modelling)

Kes (Dave)

And then don't forget Pat Lewarne from Collect-a-Kit (mate of Chris57 on here). If your stash is big enough then he will travel but it would be best to e-mail him a list of what you've got and some idea of what you want for it,

Cheers

Simon

Hmmm, food for thought?

I considered eBay, but the hassle of listing 200+ kits and having never sold stuff there before, so probably not??

My stash is made up mostly of 'Classic British Kits' largely Airfix with some Matchbox and Frog with a smaller percentage of more modern 'Foreign' kits!! Almost exclusively military aircraft in 1/72 British manufactured types serving in the Royal Air Force from WWII 'cold war' and some modern.

The main contrary to this is a collection of kits depicting subjects employed by Svenska Flygvapnet? (Swedish Air Force) so loads of old Heller SAABs and Italian aircraft types by Italian kit manufacturers.British and American types too

Maybe I should post a list here? or is that sort of behaviour frowned upon? Wouldn't want to rouse Adim & Mods etc??

. . .Kes (Dave)

ooops!

Maybe not then?

Think I'll set the satnav to Shifnal and see what KK has to offer, it's their dealing in books n' mags being the clincher

Many many thanks for the suggestions, great bunch of people on this forum, always get a positive response.

Just wish I had time to build models these days??

. . . Dave

hi

we also sell and buy bits of everything, give me a call ...

rgds ian

I have to second Ian's nomination. He took my last stash off my hands for a not inconsiderable sum. I suggest you list everything you have (I used Excel) and talk it through.

You should remember that a 2nd hand kit vendor is precisely that - he needs to make a profit on the deal so the price offered is likely to be less than if you did put them all on eBay yourself.

Ahhhh Ian, You are about ten miles from me, I'll be in touch!!

no worries, but distance is no object....i either travel or get the couriers in!

I have to second Ian's nomination. He took my last stash off my hands for a not inconsiderable sum. I suggest you list everything you have (I used Excel) and talk it through.

You should remember that a 2nd hand kit vendor is precisely that - he needs to make a profit on the deal so the price offered is likely to be less than if you did put them all on eBay yourself.

thanks matey, glad you like the way i do business.... :goodjob:

The main contrary to this is a collection of kits depicting subjects employed by Svenska Flygvapnet? (Swedish Air Force) so loads of old Heller SAABs and Italian aircraft types by Italian kit manufacturers.British and American types too

Heller Saabs? Swedish Air Force?. Wish I had some spare cash :weep:

• 2 months later...

Many many thanks to Iain of 'Kits for Cash' for brokering my not insubstantial stash and delivering a great price in good time.

If you have a stash reduction issue be sure to check with Iain first,he trades the way it should be done, with integrity and straight talking with no salesman or dodgy trader talk!!

. . . Kes (Dave)

now all I need to do is find someone who deals in 'Scale Aircraft Modeller' and 'Airfix Magazine' I have 99% of all published issues dating back decades of both most in binders??