Revell 1/35 Leopard 2A4 NL

Spence

Morning everyone!

Well, it's been a long time since I've posted anything on here that's armour related and so I'm pleased to finally be able to reveal my new Dutch Leopard 2A4NL. Built from the new(ish) Revell kit, this model has been a real labour of love; I've wanted to build one of these for over twenty years and so its been great to finally add it to the display case!

The model has been detailed from the box, with old-school additions, plasticard, rod and strip, the tarpaulins were sculpted using very thinly rolled Magic Sculp and then the crew figures created from one heavily converted VP figure and one scratchbuilt, the latter using only an off-the-shelf head and hands.

In terms of finish, I decided from the outset to create as true to life a finish as possible and so avoided any definite effects, concentrating only on what I could see and replicate in my reference photos and though not exactly eye-popping, captures I think, the spirit of the original.

I'd really like to publicly thank Olaf Kievit and Axel Repping for their help with this model, as well as anyone else who, through my Facebook page, chipped in with ideas and offers of pictures and the like. Thank you all! If you would like to know more about this model please check out the July, August, October and November issues of TMMI.

I hope you like it! :)

9783418704_8c881aed6f_b.jpg

9783413144_676008dff5_b.jpg

• Like 5

OH, that is amazing, love the minute details!

Pete

An excellent piece of work. Congratulations!

Mac

Absolutely brilliant, saw it at Euromilitaire yesterday and looks stunning in the flesh, hope you got a well deserved awared for it.

I have an Aztec which is ok, but got a Neo (kindda made by iwata) last year as an Xmas pressie and its very very good. Can do superfine lines on 172 camo with it. Low air pressure and thin paint works for me. They are about 50 quid. Can't rate it high enough, although never tried anything more up market. Your builds look v good,

Jk

• 2 weeks later...