Army Air Corps WAH-64 Longbow Apache AH Mk.1

Bozo

Hi,

It has been a while since I've posted. I've now finished my AAC WAH-64 Longbow Apache AH Mk.1. It has been a slow build, but I managed to finish it.

It's from Operation Herrick ca. 2006.

I've scratched som UK specifik antennae, and a scoop?? on the right side of the nose. I've also remade the grips and the guards in front of the landing gear.

I did some wire superdetailling on the Longbow unit and on the gun.

For the HIDAS gear, rockets and the decals, I've used Isracasts conversion set. Cockpit is Aires resin cast.

I managed to find a '4' in my spare decal box, and the serial is ZJ224, which I think is the one Ed Macy flew to Jugroom Fort ?

It was painted with WEM Helo drab and toned down with MM helo drab. Afterwards, I made a thin dust wash, which doesn't really show through the dust powder. I wish the dust would have been more red, though.

I wanted to show a dusty Apache, from Afghanistan. I hope you like it. I am just pleased to have finished it and can now move on to something other.

Cheers,

DSC_9973_zps23b643ed.jpg

DSC_9974_zpsc854d805.jpg

DSC_9975_zps9ef83d82.jpg

DSC_9976_zps0407d86b.jpg

DSC_9980_zps799ed886.jpg

DSC_9981_zps7173f751.jpg

DSC_9983_zps221bab13.jpg

DSC_9984_zpsd359084a.jpg

DSC_9985_zps370d49bc.jpg

DSC_9986_zps216267c7.jpg

DSC_9987_zps3ca7d123.jpg

• Like 7

Great job! I've been posting my Apache on the BM work in progress thread - moving along at a snail pace- and I must say, your work is inspiring me to get back to the workbench. The prospect of weathering the finish has me being skittish about getting at it. Your construction work looks great- there must be a zillion small parts in this kit - and the paint job turned out really well. There seems to be a wide variety of ways these Apaches wear- I want to get the effect of fading paint and spots of touch up, along with some impression of panel lines. I like the dusty effect you achieved.

Got there before me MASU, particularly noticed they were missing as that's what I have been adjusting ( the pitch change rods)for the last 3 days on our Flight Test cab at Wattisham!!!!

Your detailing and weathering are superb.

My only critique is you have not fitted the four pitch change rods and two rotating scissors between the swash plate and Main Rotor Head!!!

Jeez, how did I miss those rods!? I haven't given it a thought! Thanks for pointing it out, MASU :shutup: