Well before I completed the F-84E, I did these. The YF-22 and one 23 were strip-downs and repaints of kits first built in the early 90s. The dark grey 23 has decals from the Dragon kit, bought specifically for them. The details -

The YF-22 is the Italeri kit with Airfix decals. All the original kit was still in one piece, I just removed the u/c, added a bit of filler, and the nose probe from the Airfix kit too. Both YF-23s are the Italeri mould (one from a Revell release). Not too much weathering on them but the decals on the dark grey one silvered quite badly. The YF-17 is the Anigrand tooling. Straightforward if not too accurate at the nose end. The nose probe I added is a bit on the long side! The canopy was quite cloudy though. The X-32 is (IMHO) a gorgeous looking machine! This was the Revell boxing of the Italeri moulds, of which I have another, and may well end up as the X-35B. Accuracy, again, is not all there, especially in the back end, but I couldn't be bothered to make new vertical stabs or move the wing, OR put in an exhaust on the back left fuselage.. but I enjoyed making it - went together well! Finally the Gnat and Vampire make up the Brit end, Airfix versions of course. They went together ok, but not superbly. A bit of filler and rubbing down on a few joints that didn't want to mate up, and panel lines that didn't seem as fine as the aforementioned X-32. On the Gnat, I had a lot of trouble with the Alclad orange peel effect, despite being rubbed smooth and properly primed. In the end I opted for Humbrol Metalcote overall, along with their 209. The Vamp was painted too initially in Alclad, but I wasn't happy with it (I have seen pics of Vampires having what looks to me like a greyish metallic colour, whilst the Alclad seemed a bit too... metallic?? So I opted for Xtracolour High Speed Silver instead.)

You will also notice some of the display stands in their naked formats - I haven't gotten around to stain varnishing them all yet :)

Also, I put the YF-22 next to an F-22, just for comparisons..

Apologies if this is a tad pic heavy :)

null_zpsd4890e99.jpg

null_zpse31e20b0.jpg

null_zps7ba04d96.jpg

null_zpsb8f91f6a.jpg

null_zps55edabec.jpg

null_zpsfde8e632.jpg

null_zps047ff39f.jpg

URL=http://s764.photobucket.com/user/jasman71/media/null_zps13090729.jpg.html]null_zps13090729.jpg[/url]

null_zps190f2f46.jpg

null_zpscbc87b8f.jpg

null_zps3b32cda2.jpg

null_zpscc95803d.jpg

null_zps75c842e9.jpg

null_zps764f7c6c.jpg

null_zps283a8485.jpg

null_zps4610844f.jpg

null_zpsfb400235.jpg

null_zps39cabd5b.jpg

null_zpsec6237ad.jpg

null_zps8f9bd4cf.jpg

Thankyou for looking :bye:

• Like 2

fantastic builds i love the x-planes thu bit jealus as im after the yf-23 been looking but ones seen gone for to much lol,they look great and love how are all displayed very nice job