1/72 Frog Javelin FINISHED (AT LAST!)

SimonR

Hi all,

I could have just saved myself loads of hassle and rolled my FAA Gb and this one into one!

Anyway, decided to go for a two pronged attack on this one and do a Frog Javelin and an old Airfix Gazelle, both been in the stash for ages, not sure what i'll start first.

I primed the Javelin ages ago but never got any further, kit is also missing instructions but shouldn't be too difficult!

Javelin Box & sprue shots:

Javelin1.jpg

Javelin2.jpg

Javelin3.jpg

Gazelle:

gazelle1.jpg

Going to build these pretty much OOB with maybe a bit of scratch detail here & there, cant wait to get stuck in!

cheers

Simon

Edited by SimonR

The Javelin looks to be a nice enough kit from what I can see. May serve to inspire a few to go for the new Airfix kit when it arrives on the market ;)

Its not a bad kit Col, I built the Novo boxing back in the early 80's, remember it looked ok then I think.

cheers

Si

Gazelle obsolete? Is there one another in 1.72 let alone a better one?

As for the Javelin surely there is only the Airfix FAW9 which was a retool of the Heller T.3 circa late 70s early 80s.

Edited by JamesP

As for the Javelin surely there is only the Airfix FAW9 which was a retool of the Heller T.3 circa late 70s early 80s.

Ok, then I wont bother to do them lol

Ok James, to reply properly...

1. Gazelle, yes, give you that - probably nothing better but its certainly old, so fills 50% of the criteria, my mistake - must do more research next time :banghead:

2. As for the Javelin, well its certainly old and like you say has been trumped by the Airfix kit so by my reckoning fils 100% of the criteria.

End of..

Done jack in the way of modelling apart from photograph the venom I did for the FAA GB Pat (no decorating either!!).

We went to a 40's thing on the North Norfolk railway yesterday, loads of jeeps, people dressed up and a flypast by a spit so good day all round, quite like the lasses in the 40's gear - been trying to persuade the mrs!!

Venom now done - next up is the Javelin I think.

cheers

Si

I'm curious... Does the Gazelle fit inside the Javelin? ;)

It would definitely fit inside this one... :winkgrin:

Javelin4.jpg

Anyway, back on thread - popped into Flixton on Friday on may way back from work, even when its shut you can still get access to some of the airframes, so got a few pics of the Javelin for reference, its a big old bird!

Javelin6.jpg

Javelin5.jpg

Javelin7.jpg

Javelin8.jpg

Javelin9.jpg

Javelin10.jpg

Javelin11.jpg

I'll actually start the model soon :coolio:

Done jack in the way of modelling apart from photograph the venom I did for the FAA GB Pat (no decorating either!!).

We went to a 40's thing on the North Norfolk railway yesterday, loads of jeeps, people dressed up and a flypast by a spit so good day all round, quite like the lasses in the 40's gear - been trying to persuade the mrs!!

Venom now done - next up is the Javelin I think.

cheers

Si

I know what you mean about the 1940s fashions, stockings, bright red lipstick, too excited :jump_fire:

• Like 1

Hi Simon,

The Flixton one looks in better nick than this one.

DSCN0134_zpsd6eac039.jpg

I've got a few photos of this FAW 9 which is in northern Italy if you want them. The hill in the background is the Republic of San Marino.

Jon

Great pic Jon, feel free to add to it!!!

Is that near Bologna?? I have heard about that museum, I guess the airframe has seen a bit more sun than Flixton!

Was in Italy a couple of weeks ago in Liguria - love it!!

cheers

Si