Dutch Solo display Apache

davidsm

Good evening. I'm about to embark on building Revells 1/48 Apache. In the scheme of The Dutch solo display. Having looked at the pictures i've noticed some differences from the kit. 1, there are pods on the wings and 2, the top of the rotor is different.

Any ideas as id like to get it accurate if possible.

I no I can buy Hasewagas version when it comes out, but im not spending all that cash for another kit. for a few bits!

Thanks in advance

David

If I were you, I'd wait for the Hasegawa kit. The Dutch use the AH-64D, the Revell kit is really an AH-64A. The D has bigger chinpods than the A for various electronics and such.

You can see the differences quite well on these pics:

AH-64A

AH-64D

Since you plan to do the solo display bird, those smaller chins might cause a problem with the decals that go on the area.

The rotor top is different too, on the D, the Longbow radar can be carried there, but we don't have those. Hence the difference from the A. The pods are AMASE pods, which are ECM devices. These are mounted most of the time, but can be removed, which is the case in the second pic.

It's your model in the end, but in this case, I think getting the D is a better option, because of the big decals probably not fitting right on an A.

Edited by Creepy Pete

Thanks for links guys. Waiting for the new kit for the dutch one. The Revell kit does have two lots of chin pods one set bigger than the others, but i'll no the others bit arent correct.

Will build this one as either US or British Army

David