Matchbox 1/72 Heinkel He 111H in Romanian Air Force Livery

Here it is everyone. Not bad for a 38 year old kit and the original decals went on very well. I was surprised. I enjoyed putting this one together and the challenges I had. One was that the kit was missing some guns so I replaced them with sections of a paper clip. The bottom canopy was miss molded so it was missing a panel to cover up a hole in the bottom. So I used plastic stock to replace it. Hope ya'll enjoy.

5685C603-9903-417C-B697-4716E8DFE2C3-121

58CF8AEC-9AF2-4B40-B04B-C9D4CA6CA238-121

3ED787B5-7E43-4A6F-BF74-E38351BEF252-121

B8FFDFA9-BCA1-48AF-A06F-0130DE1A86C3-121

B4744B5D-51D4-4D33-893F-4C69021B616C-121

E50E8151-AD30-4081-ACF9-AB5045D9A11A-121

• Like 16

Love seeing these kits. Even more so, love seeing the boxes and reading the explanation of the artwork. It reminds me of many a happy childhood day clutching my pocket money as I ran the mile and a quarter to the paper shop to see what kit I could buy (couldn't run that far now). At primary school we had free time on a Friday afternoon so I used the time to build whatever kit I had bought. It amazes me to think that the teacher never batted an eyelid that a ten year old would sit quietly in a class whilst wielding a very sharp knife, and have solvents to hand. I would imaging that modern teachers would have a fit if it was suggested as a harmless pastime in the class now.

• Like 1

BTW. Those are the original decals from the kit. I chose the Romanian livery that was included on the decal sheet because I wanted to do something totally different. For decals that were over 38 years old they were in excellent shape and went on very well.

• 2 years later...

Love seeing these kits. Even more so, love seeing the boxes and reading the explanation of the artwork. It reminds me of many a happy childhood day clutching my pocket money as I ran the mile and a quarter to the paper shop to see what kit I could buy (couldn't run that far now). At primary school we had free time on a Friday afternoon so I used the time to build whatever kit I had bought. It amazes me to think that the teacher never batted an eyelid that a ten year old would sit quietly in a class whilst wielding a very sharp knife, and have solvents to hand. I would imaging that modern teachers would have a fit if it was suggested as a harmless pastime in the class now.

Indeed,Matchbox kits played a major part in my upbringing!Great kits,great packaging,an educational experience on a whole lot of levels.The HE111 was one that I didn't get till much later,but nevertheless an enjoyable build,and great box art.

Agree with the above.Brings back many memories of birthday money spent on Matchbox models.I used to live near Saffron walden which had so many shops selling kits in 70s-90s.Now all sadly gone.

Richard.