Lindberg (ex Pyro) Apatosaurus ''Brontosaurus''

TimJ

My second build for this GB is something a bit different. I have fond memories of these old dinosaur kits from my childhood so when I saw this for a fiver the other week I couldn't resist it. :)

DSCF4680640x480_zps50ec3987.jpg

It certainly qualifies on the age front as I remember building one about 40 years ago and as Airfix brought out their own Brontosaurus kit in the early 80s it is obsolete. There aren't that many pieces so it should a fairly quick build.

DSCF4681640x480_zps8c7251ae.jpg

DSCF4682640x480_zps9e47a72a.jpg

DSCF4684640x443_zps0ed219ea.jpg

DSCF4683640x480_zps607f091e.jpg

I was pleased to see that the caveman was still included in the kit as his presence makes the kit even more inaccurate. :D

Didn't some incarnation of this kit also feature a running 'cave woman'? I'm sure it's still in the spares box, heaven knows what it might ever be useful for!

I think the Pyro and Life Like versions had the cave woman but she was removed from the Lindberg reissue. Shame really, it would have made a nice 'One Million Years BC' diorama if the pair of them were still there. She'd probably need a bit of work to make her look like Raquel Welch though. :lol:

I think the Pyro and Life Like versions had the cave woman but she was removed from the Lindberg reissue. Shame really, it would have made a nice 'One Million Years BC' diorama if the pair of them were still there. She'd probably need a bit of work to make her look like Raquel Welch though. :lol:

More like Victoria Vetri in When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth

I made a start on 'Bronty' yesterday. It didn't take long to assemble the legs and body.

DSCF4693640x480_zps08ac80e4.jpg

The legs in particular will need some filler and a lot of sanding to make them look like one piece so I'll be working on them before fitting them to the body.

I couldn't resist a quick mock up though. :D

DSCF4694640x480_zpsf4c9d6d2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

How goes the 'brontie' Tim?