Spitfire 9 Polish Army

srogue

Beautiful Spitfire. I just recommend to swap the landing gear doors and remove the landing gear scissors as they were there in later aircraft only, together with slightly different doors.

gabszewicz_1.jpg

the landing gear doors is I made a stupid mistake :weep:. did not look at photos and instructions imagination alone,butI'm not going to change, the next to be eduard 9C compensate. :pilot:

• 4 months later...

Srogue.

:worthy::worthy::worthy:

I absolutely ADORE that color scheme.

You did an IMPECCABLE, IMMACULATE , IMPRESSIVE Job on this GORGEOUS Polish Spitfire.

It's really lovely to see other schemes on a Spitfire.

:clap:

Really AMAZING.. underside etc simply pure joy to see.

And your photographs are OUTSTANDING too. :wow:

:heart::heart::heart:

Gosh,.....how many photos!!!????.........Lovely model but I could have sworn it was an RAF Spitfire serving with a Polish squadron? Polish Army....nah!

Cheers

Tony

PS- I really would change those undercarriage doors over,..it is such a simple job after all of the effort that you have put in and without changing them it just looks silly! At the same time you could take off the scissor links too,......5 minutes effort will make so much difference!

Edited by tonyot

Exactly not RAF squadron but Polish Air Force squadron. Similar to RCAF or SAAF.

Sorry but I think you`ve misunderstood me,....I wasn`t trying to be derogatory,...far from it,....I meant that it was an RAF `Owned' Spitfire serving with a Polish `Air Force' Squadron, ie not a Polish Army Spitfire as stated.

Many RAF Spitfire`s were freely posted between Polish, British, Canadian, Australian, New Zealand, South African, USAAF, Free French, Belgian, Dutch etc units, hence the reason for stating RAF Spitfire as it was ordered, bought and paid for under RAF contracts and in most cases these continued to wear RAF roundels.

I like to think of the RAF as a truly `Inter-Allied' Air Force during WW2 as people from almost every free country in the world served within her ranks and our aircraft were freely provided to equip national air forces which operated under our overall command in some theatres throughout the war and into the immediate peacetime. We also sent our aircraft overseas to equip our Commonwealth cousins operating outside RAF control too, OK and other allies operating outside RAF control as well,..such as the French, before somebody picks me up on these too!

Anyway,.....it is a great Spitfire model!

All the best

Tony

Edited by tonyot

Sorry but I think you`ve misunderstood me,....I wasn`t trying to be derogatory,...far from it,....I meant that it was an RAF `Owned' Spitfire serving with a Polish `Air Force' Squadron, ie not a Polish Army Spitfire as stated.

Of course, you are right it isn't polish army Spitfire. But from august 1940 to april 1944 Polish Air Force (on exile in Great Britan) were part of Polish Armed Forces but under RAF command (organisational and operational). From april 1944 to december 1946 Polish Air Force were organisational indepedent from RAF but under RAF operational command (ADGB, 2 TAF, Bomber Command, Coastal Command). All planes and equipment were owned by polish goverment (in exile in London). So PAF are more similar to RCAF or SAAF than czechoslovak, belgian or dutch squadron squadrons and wings in RAF.