GB Chat

People have been asking about whether we will be having another GB.

I'd like to point out that the logical successor to this GB for 2015 is the Less Than A Tenner GB.

That one is intended to provide nice, simple OOB builds which will be a lot of fun and will go a long way towards reminding people of the simple joys of modelling - just like this GB did. Hopefully those who joined in here and had fun will join in there next year - and also have fun! :thumbsup:

Enzo thanks for pointing that out. I never thought of less than a tenner in that way. Now I am looking at my stash and I am there for that GB.

Cheers Rob ;)

Looks like "none of the above" is romping away with the voting again!Who is he?

Its that invisible Plane in the Gallery, Have you not seen it ? , Its AMAZING !!!

Enzo I totally agree about the Less than a tenner to be the logically successor to The Obsolete kits GB for 2014 :winkgrin: . But I am hoping for a rally for OKGB II towards the end of 2014 and a new and exciting vote for what we are going to do in 2015 :thumbsup: . I have plenty of kits that go into the <£10 category and also some kits that I'm sure are into the obsolete category. And both categories suits my rather "simple and obsolete" :D way of putting plastic models together.

• Like 1

Vote cast! Shame we could not do 1st 2nd and 3rd :-)

Pete

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations to

woody37's Airfix 1/72 Blenheim IV for getting 21 votes [36.84%] in the poll.

Can I also thank whoever it was that gave my old Proctor a vote, all charitable donations gratefully received !

Merry Christmas everyone

Cheers Pat

Tied for fourth! I think that's the best showing I've ever done :P

I'm hardly surprised that Woody's Blenheim IV did so well. There was some virtuoso rescue work done to our selection of "obsolete" kits. We can all feel proud of how well they look now, and we'll have to remember to cheer on the ones which were so close to completion. There's more excellent work still to be done.

• Like 1

Well done woody - and well done all - we showed those ol' kits who is boss...err..

Pete

Congratulations woody. Reading through the thread really shows you deserve it. Very talented you are and an incredible amount of skill on show.

You really did "Nail em" Beautiful result mate.

Cheers Rob ;)

Well done guys and Woody for his excellent build.

I have not been long around here, but I have never seen so much models build in a GB.

Again well done everybody.

Cheers,

• 6 months later...

I'd like to allow that. There is no replacement kit of which I am aware (the Tamiya kit is of a Brachiosaurus) but the "Brontosaurus" kit is really really obsolete. Firstly, there is no dinosaur called "Brontosaurus". It is a junior synonym for Apatosaurus. Secondly, the kit does not represent the modern understanding of the morphology of sauropods. So I think this kit should be included! Comments?

In case noone else commented, Airfix released a new-tool Brontosaurus in 1981/2 that was only available for a brief time and never reissued. A rather rare kit.

• Like 1