Mig-31BM - AvantGarde Model 1:48

luis pacheco

I got my hands on the sprues in Brno and I must say the molding quality is beyond anything I've ever seen. Details are sharp and crispy, missiles molded as a single piece is a very clever and cool feature and it looks excellent in general. I'm not exactly a fan of this a/c, but the sprues I've seen so far promises fun and satisfactory build. I'm sold.

• Like 1

:Tasty: I seem to be dribbling a lot lately, and I'm trying to decide whether it's because the Golden Age of modelling just went Platinum, or if it's just old age. I'm going to blame the former & hope it's not the latter. That just looks stupendous, doesn't it? :yahoo:
  • Like 2

Or the Collect-Aire one: http://kits.kitreview.com/mig31reviewpb_1.htm

V.P.

I wouldn't speak too soon……There will still be those (mainly from the other side of the Atlantic) that will insist these kits (the Collect-Aire and Lindberg ones) are better than any example that has emerged from the 'Axis of Inaccuracy' (China, the Czech Republic and Italy).

• Like 4

Ha! That's a new one! "Axis of Inaccuracy", indeed. Still, if the plastic conforms to the CAD we've seen so far, it will be a far easier 'conversion' than anything else to date (and yes thanks to all those who sacrificed to the Modeling Gods by building a Lindberg kit - won't call it a dash31, that would just be too much.)

Regards, Robert

• Like 1

• 1 month later...