Dambuster 1/72 new tool Airfix

Heres my Lanc that I finished FINALLY.

I never build heavies so this was a struggle. The decals silvered as always however only on the wings this time...

IMG_5439_zps1bc8b623.jpg

IMG_5440_zpsc4b0ac33.jpg

IMG_5441_zps57430dee.jpg

IMG_5442_zpsc3fe5809.jpg

IMG_5443_zpsa7d4b35f.jpg

IMG_5444_zpscb104b0d.jpg

As I said, I don't often build heavies (this was built for my Air Training Corps squadron for a competition) so please go easy on me ;)

Ben.

• Like 3

A great looking build. I still haven't started my lancaster as it's the old kit so I can't decide on just building it or buying the new tool. Quick question, what colour and number is the black on this. It looks very realistic.

Looks pretty good to me! Have you tried glossing up the paint before decalling, then matting down with a sealing coat afterwards? You might be able to recover the silvering by pricking the walkways with a sharp pin, then dousing liberally with MicroSet.

Mike

Dan, its humbrol 33 matt black (from a rattle can) i prefer the finish for black from a can.

Mike, I totally forget about spraying it gloss before i had already decalled it. I was pushed for time as well. Thanks for the tip though, I shpuld be able to run a knife down the panel lines.

Ive still got a little weathering to do by adding a small amount of silver to leading edges. After that ill try and fix the silvering problem...

Cheers!