41 Squadron Harrier GR9 and Terma pod question.

Rob P

Can someone confirm or deny whether the Harrier Terma AIRCM pod was trialed by 41 Squadron prior to deployment?

Thanks in advance of any help.

I personally watch a 41 Sqn Harrier testing flares over Manobier range, West Wales during exercise Welsh Rider a few years ago, so I would say yes to your question.

They had numerous range slots during that week of trials.

Shaun.

I think I have a image somewhere of a 41 Sqn jet with as TERMA Pod on postion 6 and a Sniper pod on 4.PM me with a e-amil address and I'll try and find it

Ta muchly, incoming!

More research for the GB??

Nope, research for my own personal GB. 1 and 20 are complete, IV, 41 and 800 are a work in progress.

I think I have a image somewhere of a 41 Sqn jet with as TERMA Pod on postion 6 and a Sniper pod on 4.

PM me with a e-amil address and I'll try and find it

The TERMA was fitted on the right hand (viewed from the rear) side in place of the strake, SNIPER on the left in place of the strake. A likely load for the trial would have been tanks/BOL launchers with a sidewinder acquisition missile and maybe a RAIDS pod

Not sure about timing, but if you look here and scroll down to the photo of ZG510, this is what you need? Or have I got the wrong pod?

Yep, that's the one.

Thanks to all for their help.