1/72nd scale Vickers VC-10 C1K

What a beauty and as others have said, a really nice tribute to this wonderful aircraft.....I've spent literally thousands of hours in the back of these aircraft. First, as a 'scaley brat' in the 1960/70s plying between The Middle and Far East and the UK and then, later, after I joined the Mob deploying all over the world with the RAF ATF. Those approaches into Kai Tak were probably the most memorable. Can't believe my last VC10 trip was almost 10 years ago on an AAR sortie out of Thumraiyt, Oman and that they will ALL be gone by the end of this year.

GREAT JOB !....Well Done

• 2 weeks later...

If there's interest in an IM Valiant, surely there must be as much in a VC10?

Hi Bryan.

The last topic that we had on this eventually got closed down as entrenched opposing views began to form. Camp A saw no reason why if a manufacturer (say Airfix) perceived a return on investment they would not produce a 1:72 VC-10 kit. Camp B saw it as obvious that a 1:72 VC-10 could never be commercially viable and Camp A must be deluded or worse.

Many bits and bytes were tragically lost in the 1:72 VC-10 wars (some of which I remember with great fondness) with the only conclusion being the more people who sought out and committed to buying and starting the few remaining Airways kits the more likely (according to Sod's Law) that an IM kit would be announced. My own Airways kit has pride of place in my stash and I am very grateful to Tom for providing such a great example of how to build it. Just need a 1:72 Tristar and 146 and I think I can start...

Cheers,

Kirk

Oh man you were almost there!!! You could have made the RB211 test bed aircraft which had the single RB211 on the port side and the two conways on the starboard side. Mind you it didn't really work in practice because the power of the conways was actually more than the RB211 so the extra thrust twisted and cracked the rear fuselage.

Edited by Kiwi Boy

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Bryan.

The last topic that we had on this eventually got closed down as entrenched opposing views began to form. Camp A saw no reason why if a manufacturer (say Airfix) perceived a return on investment they would not produce a 1:72 VC-10 kit. Camp B saw it as obvious that a 1:72 VC-10 could never be commercially viable and Camp A must be deluded or worse.

Many bits and bytes were tragically lost in the 1:72 VC-10 wars (some of which I remember with great fondness) with the only conclusion being the more people who sought out and committed to buying and starting the few remaining Airways kits the more likely (according to Sod's Law) that an IM kit would be announced. My own Airways kit has pride of place in my stash and I am very grateful to Tom for providing such a great example of how to build it. Just need a 1:72 Tristar and 146 and I think I can start...

Cheers,

Kirk

Welsh models are going to release the 146 in 1/72

http://www.welshmodels.co.uk/BAE146.html