Pics posted to the gallery

Aftermarket used

RedRoo 150gl droptanks

Aerobonus Centre line TER, an incredible piece of casting.

Decals Model Alliance/Hawkeye , basically crap, thick, would not settle down,outlines not sharp. To be fair, this was one of Steve's earlier sheets.

Quickboost seat and gun barrels.

At some stage I will make the FOD mesh type guards for the intakes

Overall an enjoyable project

Skyhawk 888 shows the first use of SQN colours by 805 SQN. the checks later changed to cover the entire fin

This a/c was lost overboard from the HMAS Melbourne in 1979 after an arrestor wire broke.

The pilot, an USN exchange pilot (we know how to show people a good time here in Australia :) ) ejected safely and was picked up by Wessex (hmmm, idea forming :hmmm:

completedskyhawkRRQ_zps6e5236c6.jpg

Edited by pacificmustang
  • Like 2

Thanks Silver Fox

Have the other one painted up in the base coat for the air superiority scheme, a mix of Xtracolour flanker blue and light aircraft grey. I love xtra colour, its my favourite paint, sprays absolutely beautifully, never had much success with the xtracrylics though. Hopefully the new owners of British Post will relax the regs on what can be sent overseas so I can restock my rapidly diminishing stocks here in Australia

secondskyhawk2_zps03706580.jpg

secondskyhawk1_zpsce02ddf3.jpg

Cant see this one making the cut off date as I am away with work agin from this Thursday

Bruce

• Like 1