1/72 Spitfire XVIe Heller

Hi all,

Built and painted this in a matter of a few hours so its totally OOB except decals. Nothing fancy, not much time and effort put unto this kit as I've only built it to at last complete my Spitfire collection.

20130908_001754_zps96c82b5a.jpg

20130908_001812_zpsf4e32bd1.jpg

20130908_001830_zps2fc099ab.jpg

20130908_001839_zps30ab0448.jpg

Im pleased with the result. The kit isnt fantastic but it completes my collection at last. Ill upload a pic of my entire collection tomorrow.

Ben.

• Like 2

Nice one!

I built one last year and if you reduce the raised panel lines and shorten the U/C legs they turn out quite nice!

I too used after market decals as the kit ones are pretty poor.

Thank's for showing,

Rick.

The roundels and fin flash are from Xtradecal normal 36" c1 type. The codes and squadron markings are from the Sword XVI kit.

I thought the uc legs were fine. Heres it next to the Airfix IX.

20130908_094845_zps160a78bc.jpg

The real problems are the huge rivets and raised panel lines. The radiator is far too large aswell.

Thanks for the comments :)

Just did a quick, non scientific, measure Ben and they are indeed very similar. Mine looks odd and too high, maybe how it sits causing an optical illusion. Yep, forgot to mention the radiators!

Rick.

Just did a quick, non scientific, measure Ben and they are indeed very similar. Mine looks odd and too high, maybe how it sits causing an optical illusion. Yep, forgot to mention the radiators!

Rick.

The undercarrige legs do look odd. The rear wheel is too large and makes it sit odd aswell XD