Dragon 1:9 Iron Man Mark VII

Ah, Rick.....shame about the pic I agree! Can you not take it outside?

What happened regarding the glue? Which glue did you use?

Order of painting......?

• Primer - which you have done
  • Gold
  • Mask up
  • Red
  • Clearcoat
  • Remove masks
  • Touch ups
  • Enjoy!

ATB

Ah, Rick.....shame about the pic I agree! Can you not take it outside?

What happened regarding the glue? Which glue did you use?

Order of painting......?

• Primer - which you have done
  • Gold
  • Mask up
  • Red
  • Clearcoat
  • Remove masks
  • Touch ups
  • Enjoy!

ATB

I have taken a better photograph of the kit with my proper camera. I will be uploading it when I get home.

I used Humbrol cement and it seemed to eat small amounts of the paint off when assembling.

Thanks for the list for order of painting. I have also got some silver areas to paint on the kit.

ATB

Rick

OK, here is the proper camera photo showing an assembled iron man body (minus head), which has also been touched up with Tamiya titanium silver.

DSCN0128_zps0cc34062.jpg

Now onto getting some gold, silver and clear red on him before I finish assembling him by putting his arc reactor, chest plate, helmet and hand reactors in place.

ATB,

Rick

Nope no primer. The plastic of the kit was a dark Red before I covered it in Titanium Silver paint, which is what I was advised to do by a member of staff in Modelzone brighton, who has made one before.

ATB

Then the advisor in Brighton needs shooting!!! Always prime mate has I have said in your PM. Regardless of the original plastic colour, you always prime as this give a perfect layer for your final paint colours something to "bite" into.

Stick with it & keep posting...........ATB

• 2 weeks later...

Well after a long time without any progress, the hairy sticks have been bought out and Iron Man given some colour.

I have given the helmet, chest plate, one leg and arm have been given a coat of clear red along with some gold which includes the face mask which looks great now it is gold.

More progress tomorrow.

Rick, are you watching S5 modeler's Iron Man?

See? How easy is the lighting!!!! Lol

Can't wait for some pics.........

ATB

Riggers,

Yes I am watching S5 modeler's Iron Man build. It looks good lit up.

It is very easy to light up, I wish I had done it now, but it is too late as he is all glued together now and being painted.

Photos later or tomorrow morning as soon as i have done some more painting which will happen tonight (I hope).

ATB

1st coat of clear red paint is complete across the entire body. 2nd coat tomorrow along with gold touchUp on the body and final silver sections.

Face mask has been completely painted in Gold. Chest plate has had 2 coats of clear red.

Camera batteries are on charge. Pictures to follow.

Hi,

As promised here is the update (with photos for Riggers). Could I please ask a moderator to move this thread to the work in progress section for SF & Realspace, I realised it is in the wrong place ?

Anyway on with the photos.

1st picture shows the first coat of the Clear Red painting being completed. This was last night. The second coat of clear red has since been painted onto the kit. Just areas of silver to be applied and touch ups on the Gold areas required to complete the body now.

1stcoat_zpscb9739e8.jpg

And here is the fully assembled helmet/facemask combination. This still needs some minor touchups (red and gold) to declare it complete, but otherwse it is done.

assembledhelmet_zpscf7b4885.jpg

Anyway next post regarding this model will be a Completed thread with photos of him completed, not standing on a pillow case wrapped stand.

Thanks for looking.

ATB,

Rick

I have completed all of the painting and fitted the arc reactors in his hands and chest.

I will be fitting the head and neck to the kit this morning before I go out.

This will be the last post in this thread.

ATB,

Rick