Roden 1/144 720

Bins are overflowing with 720 plastic! What colour bins for these? I dont want the bin Nazi sticker on my wheelies!

Lmao imagine binning a kit because it isn't perfect honestly why bother buying in the first place!!!

I've bought two and am using the Airfix 420 engines if I can work out (finally) how to upload pics on here I'll show how I'm getting on over the coming weeks it won't be perfect ! but it will look like a model of the real plane (I hope!!!) :evil_laugh:

• Like 1

Herewith my 3, primed and ready for the paintshop. In order, I'll do Olympic (my favourite B720 scheme), Monarch and probably Ariana, but undecided about that one. Will try for some better shots when the light improves, to give a better idea of the detail.

SD :mental:

IMG_1566_zps4e642eea.jpg

• Like 1

Any issues with the wheels? I hope you don't mind but that label on top of the blue one is at the wrong angle. You might like to try masking before you paint your numbers etc. as well! Other than that 3 good bins and realistic diorama, well done. Really like your block paving effect too!

• Like 1

I've been inspired by your three Sulo -100s. I've got these in my stash in the area of doom. I wanted the smaller Sulo-50 built for smaller range stomachs with longer range pull. They're half the size so easier to move. I did start sanding the filler out of the bottom of one but I ended up falling in and being trapped 'till she who must be etc. turned up. I'm now banned from the bin and going to the recycle centre. I cant get them under my coat to hide them either.

Well... I didn't think this topic could get any more over-the-top and ridiculous than the initial posts, but it has... and it's so much the better for it :)

• Like 1

Mike, we're all entitled to our opinions... I think this is a serious and informed debate - does the bin look more like a 720 than the Roden kit?

If not I think I'll bin my bin. What were Sulo thinking, I mean I've got plans that I produced that are accurate to 0.000381mm and I think they've totally messed up the handles at the top and don't get me started on the wheels.....

Joking (obviously...) no harm or offence meant to anyone, anywhere of any persuasion.

• Like 1

Except the bin, Pinkycoffee boat. Never thought I'd ever write those three last words. Bin Coffeeboat. Sounds sinister! Sulo Bin liner, another terrorist

You spelt that wrong - try "seriously misinformed". That bin bears more of a resemblance to a Dreamliner in so far as it is made from modern materials and can catch fire if you have a faulty battery in there. Is the resulting fire as toxic or damaging as a carbon composite fire? Doubtful :shrug:

Cracking on with my B720…………have to say, it reminds me of a matchbox kit, but without the trenches - much more subtle panel lines on this one……

IMG_1572_zpsde0c56e8.jpg

SD

• Like 4

But which markings?MEA? American? I always fancied an ecuatoriana bin. A gold bin, then again, who ever throws gold away?

Edited by bzn20