Roden 1/144 720

I've just had a google (don't worry I'm ok, didn't hurt that much...) Draw Decal have a sheet for Braniff jellybean 727-200. Fuselage is about the same length, just the fin size could be a problem; and look it even has a flight deck windshield decal and fuselage window decals!!! All you need are some nice engines...

And so does twosix and they're for 720s!!!!

Edited by pinky coffeeboat

I do like the "Life of Brian" but the rest I never really found funny....but don't get me wrong, I'm not the messiah, I'm a very naughty boy...

I quite fancy a Braniff jelly bean colour scheme quite like this http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto_pa.php?id=6839042&pa_photo=71354.

Does anybody know

a ) if any aftermarket decal company produce(d) a sheet or,

b ) the font style for the lettering? It shouldn't be too difficult - black colour printed on a bit of clear decal sheet.

Jeff

There's the Welsh one: http://www.airlinercafe.com/photo_6563.details.large

There's also a 707 that surely can be used: http://www.airlinercafe.com/photo_6441.details.large

I've just had a google (don't worry I'm ok, didn't hurt that much...) Draw Decal have a sheet for Braniff jellybean 727-200. Fuselage is about the same length, just the fin size could be a problem; and look it even has a flight deck windshield decal and fuselage window decals!!! All you need are some nice engines...

And so does twosix and they're for 720s!!!!

Two-six have a Braniff sheet forthcoming;

http://www.twosixdecals.co.uk/epages/62035508.sf/secf9b0e778aa/?ObjectPath=/Shops/62035508/Products/144-603

Minicraft did a 707 Jellybean boxing (I picked one up at Telford a couple of years back for a fiver - cheaper than a decal sheet....!!)

Edit - sorry missed your comment about the 2-6 sheet!

Two-six have a Braniff sheet forthcoming;

http://www.twosixdecals.co.uk/epages/62035508.sf/secf9b0e778aa/?ObjectPath=/Shops/62035508/Products/144-603

Minicraft did a 707 Jellybean boxing (I picked one up at Telford a couple of years back for a fiver - cheaper than a decal sheet....!!)

Edit - sorry missed your comment about the 2-6 sheet!

Thanks! I edited my post seconds after I posted it when I found the Twosix forthcoming sheet.

Laurent - not sure if the Welsh models sheet is available now.

I'll wait for the Twosix sheet.

I want a few 720B's, 2/6 doing an Air Malta, also want a Monarch and maybe Cyprus Airways. Has anyone any news on aftermarket engines yet? I want a standard 720 of Aeroamerica. Still wondering why the Caesars Palace scheme and no airline ones?

Paul Harrison Edit:- Wouldn't mind an Eagle Air of Iceland too!

Edited by GreenDragon

Not really sure if it's acceptable to comment on the goings-on on another forum, but "on another forum" Kurt (Authentic Airliners) is showing the master for his upcoming resin JT3C engine - you know, the engine at the centre of this "it's rubbish don't buy it, bin it" - "just buy some replacement engines and you'll be fine" debate here...they do look nice!!

Available in several weeks time, apparently.

• Like 1

Paul: F-DCAL does a 707. Surely they can modify it into a 720? http://www.f-dcal.fr/decals/product.php?id_product=897

Laurent

It does come with the registrations TF-VLA (720) TF-VLB, TF-VLC (720B) as well as TF-VLG (707) so I'm sure it will be ok.

Dave

720 operators. This list is (probably)not all the operators, just the ones I remember. B denotes 720B. BF Freight conversion.

UNITED

American A/L B

MEA B

Los Angeles Dodgers B

Aerocondor B

American International

Aer Lingus

Alaska Airlines

Trans European

Avianca B

Lufthansa B

Western B

FAA

Eastern

Atlanta Skylarks

Conair

Korean A/L

Air Rhodesia

Saudi Arabian B

Royal Jordanian B

Olympic B

Northwest B

PIA B

EL AL B

Monarch B

Maersk B

Continental B

Ethiopian B

Braniff

Jet Aviation

Air Malta B

Arnarflug/Eagle air B

TWA B

Pan Am B

Ecuatoriana BF

SAM Colombia B

Ariana Afghan B

Aerotal Colombia B

Sierra Leone A/L B

Aeronica (Nicaragua, great scheme btw) B

MOAF B

Kenya airways B

Southeast Airlines

Iraqi Airways B

Aero America

TEA

Britannia

Air Zimbabwe

Air Ceylon B

Cyprus Airways B

Invicta International B

Air Tanzania

Aviateca

Belize Airways

Calair

Air Viking

Libyan Arab B

Somali Airlines B

Trans Polar

Invicta B

Edited by bzn20

Not really sure if it's acceptable to comment on the goings-on on another forum, but "on another forum" Kurt (Authentic Airliners) is showing the master for his upcoming resin JT3C engine - you know, the engine at the centre of this "it's rubbish don't buy it, bin it" - "just buy some replacement engines and you'll be fine" debate here...they do look nice!!

Available in several weeks time, apparently.

Looks like Kury will be releasing them as an add on for the Roden kit! Yippee!

Interestingly his comments about not doing JT3Ds separately suggets he wont be releasing a 720 (rather than a 720B) anytime soon.

Western mainly had B's but they also had three non-B's. They got them when they took over Pacific Northern.

I'd forgotten all about PNA. Yes they got two from PNA and a third, an 048 from Aer Lingus. There are quite a few more operators, to be added to that list. An African Government used one, cant remember which country.

Paul: F-DCAL does a 707. Surely they can modify it into a 720? http://www.f-dcal.fr/decals/product.php?id_product=897

Laurent

Thanks for that link Laurent! I have a couple of Minicraft 707's in the stash. I'll have to bung some cash in the bank before I can get them though.

Paul Harrison

With a British theme in mind, lets not forget Invicta with their B's

Also Britannia operated a leased aircraft ( B)

TEA in Belgium also operated the type as did Conair of Scandinavia

Cheers Gary,I'll stick Britannia and TEA on that list so its all in one place! Were they "B"s? Conair already on there.

Edited by bzn20

Has anyone seen the American A/L sheet just released by Mike at Vintage Flyer Decals - they look lovely! AND he's doing a set for the Roden engines as they are (for those who aren't too bothered) and a sheet for the same kit but with AA replacement engines for those who want to retrieve their kits from the bin and have model that's acceptable to all....

Cheers two six and Halcyon

I'll add those you posted. Then its all together.

Edited by bzn20

I don't think the Britannia and Invicta were B's but can't be sure

The Britannia was, I think in Air Malta stripe...looks like it and Britannia titles and it had a logo an a white tail.

Hybrids often add an interest

I found the Britannia 720-047B on ebay. Its probably an Arnaflug/Eagle Air lease by the looks of it, TF redge. I found the Invicta jet, its an 023B

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/POSTCARD-Britannia-Airways-Boeing-720-TF-VLC-/300949891225?nma=true&si=WGJqU13aMAjmzADRTQZsdKug3TM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Edited by bzn20

2/6 (I think) do Monarch for the 720B

They do, I built one a few years ago using the AWACS and Two-six decals, I know it misses some key bits like the enlaged inner wing leading edge, but I could live with it ! I flew on one of these as a kid, hence my interest to build it.

DSC01896.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for dragging this up from the past, but hobbyterra are now listing a new release of this kit with United decals..anyway it's still a terrible kit and should be binned, burned or completely ignored :sleeping::deadhorse:

• Like 1