E.E. LIGHTNING F.2A - Airfix 1/48 plus .....

That is just absolutely brilliant! Welcome to Britmodeller and I certainly look forward to seeing more of your models!

OMAG - your work is smashing - what a great looking build of what I think to be one of the most beautiful but brutal looking jets from the cold war era - thank you for sharing with us - it really does look brilliant - I love the contrast of colours

Holy crap. That is state of the art.

Nice to see there are other modeller outside with the same favorite topics in modelling. I like the british aircraft models of the postwar era too.

Your results are truly amazing and your paintjob is very clean and absolutely perfect.

Thank you all for your appreciation and invite You to look older and recent work:

Last on Brit:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/user/14694-jurek-greinert/

and allmost all my models since the birth of the digital photograph :thumbsup:. Last at the end.

http://www.pwm.org.pl/viewtopic.php?f=207&t=17894

Hi Jurek,

Excellent construction and sprayjob.

Also a model that makes you want to stap in, strap in and take off.

Interesting to mention, EE manufactured also diesel locomotives. These were transported by the Britisch War Ministry to the Netherlands in 1946 and were in service until 1989.

It shows that EE made alot of very useful items, just like your Lightning.

Regards,

Dirk

The Netherlands.

• 1 year later...

Amazing....and an inspiration for my F2A

Thx, nice to hear.... and don't copy my mistame. Use black base from Gunze or another "strong" brand. I used humbrol and camo "alive" during set/sol and wash.

I might separate alclad using MM seeler for metalic.

Good luck.

Edited by Jurek Greinert

Amazing built and a great paint finish!!...Just one thing wrong: You must turn one of the code numbers on the underside of the wing ;) but it is still one of the best lightnings I've ever seen.Congrats!!

Thanks....yeap stupid mistake dificult to correct. First I haven't second serial, another problem is repainting wing.

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...
2 hours ago, PaulWorrall said:

Aww, shame the photos no longer display, just as I was starting to paint mine!  They were a superb reference and standard to aim for.

They will appear on January 1. Unfortunately, I am exceeding the transfer and this is an old model. Enter your email, I will send the originals