1/72nd Amodel Myasishchev 3MN-1 Bison

As for that picture John...the tough guy on the left is finding the whole thing too much, either that or flatulence... all together now 'Oh say can you see by the dawn's early.... :owww:............. :boom:

Flatulence - a source for female embarassment and male bonding. :whistle:

• Like 2

Just wait until the General starts building a "Bear'. Jessica is going to have a field day.

DR

Not really. Bears are only interesting to those gay guys who like them, and I don't meet the requirements. Now if you'd said the General is building bare I might take notice.

Oh wait! You don't mean that kind of Bear.

Jessica, take my word for it...you wouldn't. That's why I pointed out that my next one would be a blinder.....

Dennis good to see you here partaking in the mayhem......I'm just grateful now that I got the Fiddler and the Backfire out of the way ...

Sten...correct, it's encoded in the male DNA

More on that model thingy soon.....

• Like 1

I wish more threads would go off topic like this, there is nothing like variety to keep things interesting.

I just wish when I was making my own models that it would go off topic in reality in the same way. being surrounded by Russian women in camo with machine guns and lipstick sounds wonderful. BUT...but ... Imagine the subtle smell of gun oil mixed with perfume my oh my that would be an experience.

Certainly better than the smell of poly cement and enamels though I am sure some would disagree with me there. :winkgrin:

Not really. Bears are only interesting to those gay guys who like them, and I don't meet the requirements. Now if you'd said the General is building bare I might take notice.

Oh wait! You don't mean that kind of Bear.

What about a Faggot?

2BF9BEF3-79BF-4B44-8B31-E6ABFF0D5BD1-700

Where I grew up it was a kind of meatball...

Where I grew up it was a kind of meatball...

Ditto, there used to be a man with a van who came around selling peas pudding and faggots. My company resaurant sometimes serves faggots and on principle I have to have them each time! "Faggots please!"

Ah now I feel the thread veering off in yet another direction......

Rob...

Certainly better than the smell of poly cement and enamels

And what may I ask is wrong with that ?? I've been sniffing the stuff for years and it hasn't done me any harm...

lunatic_zps42b9a5a4.jpg

Pete,

My batman can rustle up some Rat Au Van.

Saute or fricassee ?.......Jumping Jerries! Are you sure these are real raisins in this Plum Duff? :yikes:

'Brains faggots' eh...........................Parker, fetch the Rolls !!

WARNING spoiler......model build bit......Onwards and outwards....I've finished the rear side walls with the gunners shelving housing the radio and avionics gear. The boxes were made from cutting up spare instrument panels of roughly the right size and shape then painted and dry brushed. The gunners positions were pretty tight and packed with 60's tech..valves and all (well I'm guessing that sorted out the heating !),

P1150813_zps01f831e2.jpg

All put together and ready for fitting..............May seem a bit mad but these walls can be seen inside the blisters................honest !

P1150821_zpseedd762a.jpg

Next the nose section can finally be added to the main fuselage !!...hoorah...............then the wings can go on.... :shutup:

• Like 1

Oh, look, some small but perfectly formed model aeroplane parts. Very nice but a little off topic for this thread :lol:

In all seriousness though, cracking stuff General sah!

• Like 1

I would like to see some more women in uniform. Where do you people get those pics from?

My next kit is going to be a Mig 15, there is one at Evans Head a 2 seater.

That is if I ever finish the Airfix Gladiator I have been working on for months, it seems "ït will be finished this week" has been going on forever.

I have only returned to modelling a few weeks ago after years of other money consuming interests.

I am only but a learner with aspirations of getting better.

Very encouraging General

Nothing wrong with the smell of enamels and poly cement general. And perfume is a nice smell too but I would happily splash on to my face some Parker & Hale gun oil in place of aftershave the stuff smells amazing.

Very nice work on the model by the way and I am referring to the bison and not the blondes ;)

Oh, look, some small but perfectly formed model aeroplane parts. Very nice but a little off topic for this thread :lol:

I apologise Col...what in the name of humanity was I thinking !

Rob each to his own.....me, I splash on Diesel every morning after a good shower of kerosene......(attracts the flies and keeps the women at bay...or is it the other way round ?)

Steve..correct, but could be referring to Jean-Noël Fagot (born 1958), French ice speed skater; who flew MiG 15's in his spare time.............apparently...well.you never know !

• Like 2

Finished the rear of the forward fuselage....took a bit of fettling but managed to slot them in.

P1150833_zps332d34d1.jpg

The nose section has now been ca'ed to the fuselage. You have to be pretty accurate with the alignment as there are no guides here just line of sight, a marker pen and a fair wind.....

Here's the model with the wings dry fitted...a bit tricky to photograph due to it's size but it's starting to look like a Bison now,

P1150834_zpsee4df589.jpg

And at the risk of a full broadside from Wolfpack and as a size comparison here it is alongside an 'Arclight' B-52F that I'm doing for the SAC and USAF sigs at the same time. :tomato: Much modified 1/72nd Monogram B52D.

P1150839_zpsb837ea36.jpg

And alongside a Buccaneer..

P1150841-001_zps6a2e8b0f.jpg

Funnily enough Keef....................no ! if the Bison was 1/24th.....I'd have to move ....again. Thanks... I take it your good self will make his presence felt, (makes a change from yer collar) at Telford this year.............look forward to our little chats.

Hopefully I'll be able to cut out the replacement acetate windows for the rear turret next...fitting them will be fun ! A very kind chap, Andy Kuznetsov at Scalemodels.ru sent me a huge file copy of the original 3M factory manuals yesterday....OMG, no excuse not to put everything in there now..... :frantic:

Melchie...

If there's one shot that really emphasizes the size of this monster it's this one. It's the earlier M-4 version however the 3M was slightly bigger !! Agricultural springs to mind......who needs runways ??

M-4-2_07_zps3ca3aafc.jpg

Edited by general melchett
  • Like 1

From what I understand the initial NATO reporting for the MiG-15 was going to be Falcon but got changed to avoid being too threatening and the psychological effects that could imply.

That is a big beastie! The prototype looks as if it was modelled by Dinky with an undercarriage like that!

I take it your good self will make his presence felt, (makes a change from yer collar) at Telford this year.............look forward to our little chats.

Only Saturday this year unfortunately Andy. Will you be lurking anywhere specific this year, or flitting about Pimpernel like as you usually do....??!! :hobbyhorse:

Good to hear....This year I'll be limiting myself to the Bomber Command and probably the Project Cancelled tables and as BC will be commemorating the Dams raid, displaying all the aircraft used I won't be bringing many other models this year so I can wander about enjoying the show for a change........ oh and there's a big shopping list to get through ! Look forward to seeing you there.... that goes for anyone whose going too of course, come over for a chat...