1/72nd Amodel Myasishchev 3MN-1 Bison

Now look here!

I entered this thread of my own free will in search of plastic.

And what do I find?

Weapons! Hats! And firm bodied young ....aargh....dribble.

Ahem.

As you were.

back to Nigels food thread, time to calm down, I think.

Right troops, before this thread is recalled from the front line for a damn good thrashing in the bath house I'll get back to whatever it was I was up to, er, now what was that, (been a bit distracted for some reason...images of stiletto heels, big guns and mini skirts by thunder !!), ?...........oh yes, the Bison, well I made a cardinal error in contacting those extremely knowledgeable lads over at Scalemodels.ru to ask if anyone had any info regarding the 3M and have been swamped by more info and photos than my hard drive can take ! All amazing stuff but sadly is leading me down the inevitable path of wanting to cram more stuff into the model that no one's ever going to see................ :unsure: .

The forward fuselage is nearing completion now as I have the info and photos needed to finish the dorsal gunners seat and equipment, and the blister gunners seats are fitted, (just waiting for some Eduard seat belts to arrive tomorrow to finish off). Next I'll build the sighting gear and add the overhead plumbing and a few avionics boxes and then I can finish the back wall that carries yet more avionics boxes. The section has been weathered with oils and pastel with a bit of highlighting to give depth....

Whilst this is drying I decided to tackle another area that Amodel have left rather basic namely the rear turret. They just went for a generic 'tub' with vague details and an undersized, basic seat. Using photos I've redone the interior adding inner window frames and gun laying equipment and associated plumbing.

The ball turret is a tight fit so the side walls of the rear fuselage needs to be sanded away so that it all goes together.....

P1150746_zps9dd2799f.jpg

The insulation quilting has been added using aluminium foil, a ruler and sharp pencil).

P1150748_zpsfcf30587.jpg

Painted and washed, control boxes added,

P1150764_zps1816da4c.jpg

A new seat is needed too as the kit ones are undersize and the wrong design, so I decided to scratch build one rather than adapt the kit parts,

P1150753_zps4d8ef776.jpg

Painted and belts added....not a lot will be seen again but hey ho....

DSC_0095_zpsebe79ddb.jpg

The dorsal turret gunners position is now finished. I've redone the seat using new data as it was a little oversize...,

DSC_0097-001_zpsc1bb4a3b.jpg

Seat belts and upper radio gear installed ,

DSC_0079_zps6a4797f5.jpg

DSC_0087_zpsecc5eef6.jpg

And gunners tower fitted,

DSC_0117_zps09699a1b.jpg

DSC_0118_zps5de9ccbd.jpg

More soon,

However before we leave the subject completely.........

pretyc_zpsa914fb0e.jpg

Wasn't like this in the trenches !!!.................beeeeeeeeehhh

Cheers all, :cheers:

Melchie

Edited by general melchett
  • Like 1

Wasn't like this in the trenches !!!.................beeeeeeeeehhh

Cheers all, :cheers:

Melchie

Should have gone for tanks dear boy...

2F0EF5A8-C316-4732-ABA4-8D37DEA74961-206

Lovely work on the inards. Real shame it won't be seen, but sometimes you have to put it in for peace of mind.

Those details look really cool. Will much of it be visible in the end?

Fun fact, the Australian Army is the only one that covers the cost of breast implants for female soldiers. They say it boosts morale. Good ol' Oz.

Matt

Oh for the click of marching stilletos...........

9_zpsd550068a.jpg

W

This picture always makes me laugh... it's that cameraman! Just what is he doing?! It looks likes hes trying to get a photo up the ladies skirts! He more than likely isn't, it just kinda looks that way. Dodgy angle to be filming around them women, they'd probably kick his behind too...

Now where is that model?? Oh yeah, found it (eventually!). Love the work thus far, will be watching this one :)

Kind Regards,

Dazz

I've just gone back through this page and noticed Melchie mentioned something about his Bison build and even put some pictures in. In case anyone missed them, they're rather good, some stunning detail. Now back to the thread drift .........

• Like 2

I've just gone back through this page and noticed Melchie mentioned something about his Bison build and even put some pictures in. In case anyone missed them, they're rather good, some stunning detail. Now back to the thread drift .........

There is a Russian aircraft in this thread?

There is a Russian aircraft in this thread?

Think I seen a Chinese one in the background of one photo but can't say I was paying much attention to it.

Yes I was wondering what that Daily Star pap fella was up to as well.......he's either praying to the media Gods for his luck, just been delivered a low 5 by one of the marching 'ladies' or some oik has superglued his camcorder to the tarmac !......really make his day if they broke into a goose step The guy opposite looks quite chuffed with himself too...

Ian ...............I really wonder what the contents of your hard drive/s holds sometimes :yikes: !!

Russian aircraft ........what..........where ??

There is a strange Soviet logic to having a gunners seat copied from centre court at Wimbledon.
I presume he could come down to pee?

Apparently it was so he could shout to the pilot 'Борис я могу видеть ваши даче отсюда' which roughly translated means.. .' Hey Boris I can see your Dacha from here'...

This picture always makes me laugh... it's that cameraman! Just what is he doing?! It looks likes hes trying to get a photo up the ladies skirts! He more than likely isn't, it just kinda looks that way. Dodgy angle to be filming around them women, they'd probably kick his behind too...

Remember that gun I posted further up the thread? Well, that's for him.

If he's lucky we'll just use the hydraulics.

Oh for the click of marching stilletos...........

9_zpsd550068a.jpg

W

Maybe he is just passing out or having heart failure and no one has noticed or seems to care

Or the battery just died. Should have bought a Nikon

The one in the background is too bewildered to shoot - transfixed or something - or feeling a heart attack coming on

Edited by StephenCJ
  • Like 2

Because, Pin, there isn't an over 18s section? I'm just glad Jessica hasn't posted photos of well-build blokes in uniform for a bit of balance to make us all feel a bit emasculated.

• Like 1

Blood pressure dropping now Melchie?

Yep that's done the trick John ..................but then I keep scrolling up to Wolfies picture dammit !!!!

Because, Pin, there isn't an over 18s section? I'm just glad Jessica hasn't posted photos of well-build blokes in uniform for a bit of balance to make us all feel a bit emasculated.

Well said Col...................just give her time !! :shutup:

Right, well for anyone who by some weird quirk of fate hasn't been distracted too much I've scratch built and painted the sighting gear for the lateral gunners, they were a wee bit fiddly...

P1150795-001_zps98fd36ae.jpg

Installed them next to the seats and glued the gunners podium into position , (also added a few more avionics boxes too),

P1150796-001_zps6a52ed29.jpg

Also fitted the rear gunners seat which needed a bit of modding to get to fit but it all goes into place now....all that's left here is probably the most awkward bit...replacing the four windows. The Amodel parts are atrocious, opaque and warped for some reason. I'll make these using 1mm acetate sheet.

P1150804_zps379a10c9.jpg

Back to the mayhem folks.....

However I've got my special referee ready with his whistle should things get a bit dicey....

P1150810_zpsff34d8ec.jpg

Melchie...

Edited by general melchett
  • Like 2

Tremendous stuff Andy, those bits of fuselage really give a great impression of how cramped the inside of the thing was!

And old Sam will undoubtedly be well up to the job of keeping the peace in here;

“Ok rabbit … you forced me to use force”

keef