1/72 Whitley - BOAC markings

Fly 1/72 Whitley built as a BOAC Mk.V. Apart from the apparent modifications in the nose and tail (turrets removed and glazing blanked), the engine fronts have been reshaped, landing lights have been installed in the port wing leading edge and the cockpit glazing has been replaced by Falcon vacuformed transparency. Decals are (of course ;) ) from Vingtor.

Whitley_46_800.jpg

Whitley_47_800.jpg

Whitley_48_800.jpg

Whitley_49_800.jpg

Whitley_50_800.jpg

Nils

• Like 5

Really nice that! I like these WW2 BOAC builds - I was really tempted to do a Mossie in the recent Mosquito GB but decided not to in the end. I'm definitely going to do one in the future (although perhaps not the Whitley!)

I like these WW2 BOAC builds - I was really tempted to do a Mossie in the recent Mosquito GB but decided not to in the end. I'm definitely going to do one in the future (although perhaps not the Whitley!)

Decals for BOAC CW-20 (= C-46 prototype) and Dakota Mk.I will soon be available - hopefully in a week or two.

Nils

Decals for BOAC CW-20 (= C-46 prototype) and Dakota Mk.I will soon be available - hopefully in a week or two.

Nils

Will keep an eye out Nils! Ta for that

Lovely build! I'd like to build one of these as my grandfather learned parachuting in the airborne artillery at Ringway and they used these at the time. I believe they used to jump out of a hole in the bottom and risked breaking their noses every time!

You've done a very good job here. Nice to see a BOAC version. I built a Frog Whitley ( Sure it was Frog) in 1973. I'd forgotten about it until I saw this. Yours is much better!