Milky deposit around decals, urgent help require.....

heloman1

I'm applying the decals to a Wessex, my entry inthe Helicopter GB which finishes this coming weekend. I've used some oldish ModelDecals (white decals paper era) call sign numbers and once applied, there is a milky deposit around some of them.

Anyone got any speed remedies without removing the decals or destroying them, please?

Colin the desperate

its old adhesive. I let the decal come right off the paper when soaking them and flood the area with water when applying. whatever you do get rid of the residue with water before putting the gloss coat over the top.

Edited by Paul
  • Like 1

This is a common problem with some of the Modeldecal sheets. I've found that if you give the decal a rub with a soft brush while in the water after it's floated off the backing sheet and then wipe it on some kitchen roll before you apply them you can avoid the 'milky' problem. I then apply them onto a pool of Klear and then dab it with some more kitchen roll to get rid of any remaining white bits.

As mentioned above, gently wash of the adhesive on the back of the decal before applying. Its happened to me but when cleaned off, thye will still adhere and helped with decal soultion clears the carrier film. But don't forget to wipe away any sign of watermarks and solution with some warm water when decals have dried before fianl coating.