F-14 Tomcat II Single Type Group Build

Choices, choices, choices :shrug:

IMAG0320_zps533e6629.jpg

I'll be in with one of these, all in 1/72, if I can just choose which one!

Is the JFK squadrons box the old or newer mould ? I remember having seen this many years ago with the old mould kit but I wonder it hasegawa has later reissed the same box with the new kit

Is the JFK squadrons box the old or newer mould ? I remember having seen this many years ago with the old mould kit but I wonder it hasegawa has later reissed the same box with the new kit

It's the newer mould in the box.

It's basically the F-14A Atlantic fleet boxing with an extra decal sheet to cover the JFK squadrons, funnily enough it even includes the Atlantic fleet decal sheet! So even more options than it says on the box lid. :)

Edited by DannyB

It's the newer mould in the box.

It's basically the F-14A Atlantic fleet boxing with an extra decal sheet to cover the JFK squadrons, funnily enough it even includes the Atlantic fleet decal sheet! So even more options than it says on the box lid. :)

Thanks for the info ! I see that hasegawa has replaced some of the early special boxes with the new mould, good to know the same happened to this one.

Is there any 1/72 kit which has the early tail fairing? Or alternatively is there any aftermarket which would suffice?

As Dave said, a few hasegawa boxes have this, in particular the "wolfpack" box.

Older kits like the original airfix and the Matchbox one had the early tail. None of these is really a kit I'd bother looking for though.

Don't know of any aftermarket, personally I exchanged one of my late tails for an early one with a fellow Britmodeller and I'm planning some resin copies for my use.

If your aircraft has the definitive tail however, all of the above is irrelevant

I am sooooo tempted, at this rate i'll be in GB hell for the rest of my life!!! :jump_fire::P

hmmmm have no idea what to build for this one, wish they had some crazy splinter or digital colour schemes, that would be really cool.

may have to troll goggle for ideas, plus may have to drop down to 1/72 as I'm starting to run out of room. Plus it's easier to hide! :P

hmmmm have no idea what to build for this one, wish they had some crazy splinter or digital colour schemes, that would be really cool.

There is a really nice NSAWC splinter scheme http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234927504-f-14-aggressor-in-splinter-camo/

I think Fightertown still do this in 1/72, if not, you can probably still find it on eBay.

More: http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/awa01/001-100/awa070-F14/00b.shtm

http://www.hyperscale.com/features/2001/f14constructiondwa_4.htm

Ha ha, I know I should have check out colour schemes before I wrote that! :banghead:

did a goggle on colour scheme and found out I was an idiot!

Now chasing a TwoBobs "Sandbox" Alleycats decal set, that looks soooo cool, if I can't get that then the NSAWC schemes you mentioned look cool as well.

To calm my digital urge am about to get 1/48 Academy Mig-29AS with Digital camoflage from SaintsPhil. :yahoo:

• 3 weeks later...

I think I'll be able to join in, the Tomcat GB1 was excellent. It'll be 144 again for me and probably a late Jolly Rogers scheme although the fightertown NSAWC splinter scheme is very tempting. . .

As an aside has anyone ever come across the goffy models flaps and slats set for the 144 F-14 revell kit?

Edited by Neal
  • Like 1

As an aside has anyone ever come across the goffy models flaps and slats set for the 144 F-14 revell kit?

They are a thing of myth aren't they?? I'm sure I've seen a website still selling them. Can't remember what one... Typically.

Kind Regards

Dazz

They are a thing of myth aren't they?? I'm sure I've seen a website still selling them. Can't remember what one... Typically.

Kind Regards

Dazz

I think you're right Dazz, I've never seen them used in a build. There is a US website that lists them but they're out of stock and OPP. We need Domi at Retrowings to swing into action.

I think it might be the same website, or I might be thinking of the Tornado version (I'd like either tbh!). Now I do remember reading a build where some dude scratch built the flaps and they looked amazing, I'm sure someone with your skill could replicated it. :) ill see if I can find it on the laptop tomorrow.

I've got a long list of things I'd love Domi to make. I've pretty much already bought everything he sells already!! Love his stuff! :)

Kind Regards

Dazz

• 2 weeks later...

Which 1/72 F-14A kit would the BM massive recommend?

Exclude the Hasegawa one. I have one in The Stash which I am going to build with wings forward and flaps dangling. I also want to build one with wings back - possibly overswept for carrier storage.

So... which is the best kit to represent the jet like this?

I'm going GB crazy next year, so 'll stick my size 10s in here too if I may. Kit TBC but it will be 1/48 and wearing the VF-11 CAG scheme with the multi-coloured lightning bolt.

Andy

I'm searching evilbay for a Fujimi kit. I found one for £6.67. Nice! :D

Problem is... the postage is £30.03. :doh:

gotta love those bargains! :rofl:

see you should have gotten that expensive one.........probably would have been cheaper!