F-14 Tomcat II Single Type Group Build

I'm not sure which companies except for Revell make a Tomcat kit. Does anyone have any suggestions ?

Have a peruse of the threads in the previous TomcatGB

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/forum/370-f-14-tomcat-single-type-group-build/

Most will be in there.

I'll decide my build closer to the start date of the STGB. I have a few in the stash: several 1/72 hasegawa and fujimi, an old Matchbox and an even older 1/72 monogram kit of the wooden mock-up ! Plus a couple of hasegawa, a revell and a fujimi in 1/48. And there's a 1/32 Trumpeter F-14A for £100 delivered at a local web shop, might be tempted....

Might give me a chance to use my Fighter Town decals. One will be an aggressor for sure, the others... Not sure yet. Ill be in with the Revell 1/144 F-14A or F-14D, I don't expect any issues with them kits :)

Kind Regards

Dazz

Might give me a chance to use my Fighter Town decals. One will be an aggressor for sure, the others... Not sure yet. Ill be in with the Revell 1/144 F-14A or F-14D, I don't expect any issues with them kits :)

Kind Regards

Dazz

Hey Dazz which aggressor scheme do you fancy? I have just ordered the same sheet so if you decide which one you are doing I will make up the other one on the sheet. Should be fun.

Edited. 08-09-13

Probably enter with two Revell 1/144th F-14A's one off the Fighter Town Adversary sheet and the other OOB build of a VF-84 Jolly Rogers version.

Hey Dazz which aggressor scheme do you fancy? I have just ordered the same sheet so if you decide which one you are doing I will make up the other one on the sheet. Should be fun.

I believe there is 5 actual schemes on the sheet, plus the Iranian one which I don't think was actually on the decal sheet (maybe I got a dodgy one?). I only remember the Flanker one (blue-ish). I'll have a lookie and let you know tomorrow. Should give me something to do while I am waiting for the clear to dry on the Apache. :) I'm also tempted to make my own decals for the "Demons of Razgriz" aircraft... oo I just remembered that I ordered the IdolM@ster F-14D too... oh the possibilities are endless... assuming that either of them are allowed into the GB?? :shrug::please: :please:

Kind Regards,

Dazz

• Like 1

If I join in I have a 1:72 Revell and a 1:72 Fujimi, the later looks the better kit any other views?

Well Fujimi offers separate flaps and slats, so that's better straight away - though that Revell kit I built is very good.

As for shape, well we'll have to wait and see.

I've got white models of Phantom, Eagle, Falcon, and Hornet - hence buying the Fujimi Tomcat kit.

Edited by theplasticsurgeon

I believe there is 5 actual schemes on the sheet, plus the Iranian one which I don't think was actually on the decal sheet (maybe I got a dodgy one?). I only remember the Flanker one (blue-ish). I'll have a lookie and let you know tomorrow. Should give me something to do while I am waiting for the clear to dry on the Apache. :) I'm also tempted to make my own decals for the "Demons of Razgriz" aircraft... oo I just remembered that I ordered the IdolM@ster F-14D too... oh the possibilities are endless... assuming that either of them are allowed into the GB?? :shrug::please: :please:

Kind Regards,

Dazz

As co-host I would have no objection to comics or manga based subjects, as long as the model is of a Tomcat. What does the main host think about it ?

The hasegawa idolmaster box reminds me of one of my bigger modelling mistakes: there were a number for sale at dirt cheap price from a far east online shop at a very low price and I didn't notice it ! I'd never use those markings but having several decal sheets in my stash this would have been a cheap way to get some good kits to complete my Tomcat collection

Recently I have been in the F-15, F-16 and F/A-18 STGBs, so it would be rude of me not to enter this one. :D

Dunno whether to do an early VF-1 Wolfpack jet or a Libyan Mig killer.

Good man!

Hmm, a VF-32 Mig Killer? Didn't think of that :hmmm: Would be a good scheme, especially with the new Fightertown decals!

My entries will be a VF-101 B model and VF-41 A model (i think :lol: )but might enter my VF-31 Last Cruise scheme that I had planned for the Splendid Cats GB, but won't be able to complete.

I'll be in with a Tomcat triple bill! All in glorious 1/144 :D All kits from Revell or Ace Corporation (Revell mould)

F-14A = VF-124 in Bicentennial markings (Microscale decals)

F-14B = VF-103 "Santa Cat" (kit decals)

F-14D = VF-2 (kit decals)